Footy - 2018/19 & 19/20 & 20/21 etc

3 minutes ago, Cobs said:

Law 12 says

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY = :redcard: 

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I don't reckon they've a leg to stand on :badoomtish: 

I just don’t think he meant it. It’d be difficult enough to time that type of lunge with intent, and his stride pattern doesn’t change at all. 

But if you run behind a player motoring like that, that’s a risk you take. So yeah, they’ve got no chance. Ho hum.

• Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bootle Buck

• Swipe

• Barnesy_10

• Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be one of the best things you'll watch this year     

Bit racist that mate.

Posted Images

Just now, StevieC said:

I just don’t think he meant it. It’d be difficult enough to time that type of lunge with intent, and his stride pattern doesn’t change at all. 

But if you run behind a player motoring like that, that’s a risk you take. So yeah, they’ve got no chance. Ho hum.

looked at in isolation i'd agree - the fact he deffo tried to kick him earlier in the sequence makes me not so sure

and the Robertson challenge from the week before they're still banging on about- he was shoved from behind there first, wasn't he?

19 hours ago, Swipe said:

He’s got much angrier now when he gets argued with. Angry stupid people often have the strength of 10 men so beware sky man. 

I think he's coming to terms with his young, good looks day by day melting away and him morphing into a jowelled deputy dawg like his Dad. Must be tough at home.

Edited by D.Boon
6 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I think he's coming to terms with his young, good looks day by day melting away and him morphing into a jowelled deputy dawg like his Dad. Must be tough at home.

He is starting to look more like Harry isn’t he. 

His brother looks like if I tried to photoshop Harry’s face on Jamie’s head. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/pmMfgVvfYcK4rYpaA

27 minutes ago, Cobs said:

looked at in isolation i'd agree - the fact he deffo tried to kick him earlier in the sequence makes me not so sure

and the Robertson challenge from the week before they're still banging on about- he was shoved from behind there first, wasn't he?

that's the part that if I was on the appeals panel would make my decision easy

27 minutes ago, Cobs said:

There's also the bit where he's got his hands in the air apologising before he's touched him. I think he tried to cynically trip him up so stop a counter attack and ended up accidentally doing that so clear red card for me. 

1 hour ago, Cobs said:

Yeah, Mina pushed him but their argument is that he lashed out to take out Allen

Risible yet funny  

On 25/10/2020 at 16:54, kop205 said:

What a c***.

Even in some imaginary world where that was the explanation, they would only be reaping what they sowed with their conduct, including his s***house press conference.

Is there anything Everton don't blame us for?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cobs said:

Title race looks pretty open this season. Reckon Spurs are a threat  - think Mourinho makes a big difference 

Their fixtures after the international break are City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves. 

An injury to Kane and/or Son in that run and they're f***ed. 

3 minutes ago, Sion said:

Their fixtures after the international break are City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves. 

Maybe. Or maybe they don’t get injured and Bale can still play

5 minutes ago, Sion said:

Bit of an advantage over City and Chelsea in that they'll be able to rest players midweek much easier though. Their Europa group is a piece of piss. 

7 hours ago, Hassony said:

Something really strange about the lack of black players at Burnley under Dych

I thought that last we played them - though not sure I’d got as far as putting it on Dyche

Edited by Tosh
1 hour ago, Tosh said:

I thought that last we played them - though not sure I’d got as far as putting it on Dyche

They had Aaron Lennon for a spell, and Andre Gray , but I can't think of many other black players that have played for Burnley over the past few years 

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

He's apparently not as Allardyce in his social outlook as you would expect from his demeanour, tbf.  Not a Brexiteer, anyway.

(and Allardyce certainly didn't avoid picking black players, to be clear, however much a k****ead he is).

Burnley itself - the town - doesn't have great reputation for openness to diversity - BNP councillor(s), weren't there? Maybe black players are understandably put off, or tend not to stay.