By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Footy - 2018/19 & 19/20 & 20/21 etc

Thinking about the Mancs game and betting... would bookies be compelled to pay out on the (first) full-time score? 

And if not then imagine the odds you'd get on 'in-play' by selecting one of the teams to win despite it having finished as a draw. 

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Thinking about the Mancs game and betting... would bookies be compelled to pay out on the (first) full-time score? 

And if not then imagine the odds you'd get on 'in-play' by selecting one of the teams to win despite it having finished as a draw. 

No. 

It was finished to the point that the auto settlement paid the draw out and had to be reversed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chewie said:

Roy speaking sense on the handball rule on MOTD... ⚽ 🖐️ 

"I predict what will happen is players will start flicking the ball onto a hand and screaming 'handball'," added the 73-year-old.

Errr, you mean like Suarez kept doing at Old Trafford about 7 years ago?

8 hours ago, Chewie said:

Roy speaking sense on the handball rule on MOTD... ⚽ 🖐️ 

he also said this:

I think the rule’s a nonsense, that’s what I think. And I can’t understand how we, football, thinking about the Premier League, the referees, ourselves, the coaches and managers, and I’m thinking about the players, how we’ve allowed this rule to come into operation is beyond me, and it’s ruining the game of football, there’s no question about that. Because the rules of football which are understood and are accepted by people from quite an early age, these days we’re in a situation where even we, experienced coaches and players, even we can’t understand what constitutes a handball and what doesn’t.

7 hours ago, surf said:

he also said this:

I think the rule’s a nonsense, that’s what I think. And I can’t understand how we, football, thinking about the Premier League, the referees, ourselves, the coaches and managers, and I’m thinking about the players, how we’ve allowed this rule to come into operation is beyond me, and it’s ruining the game of football, there’s no question about that. Because the rules of football which are understood and are accepted by people from quite an early age, these days we’re in a situation where even we, experienced coaches and players, even we can’t understand what constitutes a handball and what doesn’t.

Reckon he spoke sense... Saying its the fault of people within the game and they should sort it. Basically said the simple rule is that using your hand to prevent a goal or gain an advantage is handball and a penalty, everything else is ball to hand and not a penalty... Think he's spot on...