• Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be one of the best things you'll watch this year     

Bit racist that mate.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

5-0 - 95th min - so don't count your horses..😉

We're gonna need Alisson and van Dijk back to their best if we're to keep it down to a respectable score... 

4 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

can see A LOT more small clubs failing now

Yep. I was surprised yesterday to see the EFL appealing to the PL for more financial support. Now ain't the best time for PL clubs too. 

Talking of small clubs... Good to see Everton are using Virginia, Kenny, Gordon, Bernard and Allan tonight. Sounds like the managing committee of the local Conservative Club. 

There are 2 sides to it - while I hate to see small teams like these fail, if it's through their own impropriety then they deserve it, you can't reward bad behaviour by propping up a club. 

Dunno what the scoop is at Macc, but in the recent cases of say Blackpool (who didn't go under in the end) the Oystons were a bunch of c****

8 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

There are 2 sides to it - while I hate to see small teams like these fail, if it's through their own impropriety then they deserve it, you can't reward bad behaviour by propping up a club. 

Dunno what the scoop is at Macc, but in the recent cases of say Blackpool (who didn't go under in the end) the Oystons were a bunch of c****

Think that's very harsh. The supporters are at the mercy of some proper chancers who get involved in clubs at all levels and there clearly isn't sufficient due diligence by the EFL carried out as the story is repeated year on year. People are put out of work and communities lose their clubs.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Think that's very harsh. The supporters are at the mercy of some proper chancers who get involved in clubs at all levels and there clearly isn't sufficient due diligence by the EFL carried out as the story is repeated year on year. People are put out of work and communities lose their clubs.

Yeah, Macca's been in America too long.

9 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

That's the owners though, not the clubs. 

One thing that's been ridiculous though is the 'Macclesfield have gone bust over an amount Spurs want to pay Bale a week'. As if Spurs should stop paying their players and change their reason for existing to be to keep badly run lower league clubs in business. 

obviously my sympathy is with the supporters, but by bailing out clubs you're rewarding s***e behaviour by owners. Ultimately the authorities need to do better with takeovers, see Wigan.

I'm not saying never bail them out, some defo should be but ultimately if you do then something should happen like the owners are stripped of the club - who owns it in that case though? A supporter association?

He might not be but I don't think the issues that exist at Spurs are fixed by a manager. I think everything he says about the players is right really. And it's sort of understandable. Nearly win the league. Nearly win the European Cup. And then you've got to adjusted your sights to have to work to come 4th.

On paper that's a good side but if you don't put the work in it's gonna achieve nothing.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Mourinho isnt a very good manager anymore, is he?

he's no longer managing the richest club in the country and there's lots more work to do rebuilding the squad than he's used to

don't think he's suddenly become rubbish but it's probably as hard a challenge as he's had in 15 years - gonna take time to sort it and staying around for time isn't really his forte

interesting to see how it pans out