Jump to content

Welcome Alisson Becker


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Compared to Westwood he was a youngster!

Anyway this is going nowhere. You have your view and we have ours.

Yeah that's fine. I was just curious to know how you've come up with someone who doesn't start for Sheffield Wednesday, because it strikes me as bonkers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was his fault mind you. So was the FA Cup.

Yeah, as good as we were all night, I'm very relieved he played. Could easily have dropped points if he didn't.  God he's handsome too. At one point there was a close-up of him and his blue eyes

Hardly one of our bigger worries, but he's not very good at penalties is he.  After seeing how he went early on the first, every man and his dog knew you could just put it through the middle for

Posted Images

Adrian is easily one of the worst in the PL. The number two is never going to be close to Alisson but be nice if we didn't have such a big drop.

I'd take Ben Foster. He can then just stick around and be sound once Alisson is back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Yeah that's fine. I was just curious to know how you've come up with someone who doesn't start for Sheffield Wednesday, because it strikes me as bonkers. 

On the face of it, it does sound mad. Like I said, there are mitigating reasons behind him not playing and he was their best player before Monk bombed him out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adrian did have a purple patch where he looked good before reverting to type.

His current level is so abysmal, we can't be betting on him returning to that patch.

It wasn't just giving the first goal away the other night by f***ing about. He's been s*** when called upon for a while, most notably against Atletico, and worse still, he's not able to shake things off. He completely lost his head against Villa. Had numerous shaky actions throughout the game and that crossbar shot was just the most f***ing bizarre thing I've ever seen.

I never thought I'd be pining for mignolet or karius, but here we are. Westerveld could do a job as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kid Klopp said:

Adrian did have a purple patch where he looked good before reverting to type.

His current level is so abysmal, we can't be betting on him returning to that patch.

It wasn't just giving the first goal away the other night by f***ing about. He's been s*** when called upon for a while, most notably against Atletico, and worse still, he's not able to shake things off. He completely lost his head against Villa. Had numerous shaky actions throughout the game and that crossbar shot was just the most f***ing bizarre thing I've ever seen.

I never thought I'd be pining for mignolet or karius, but here we are. Westerveld could do a job as well.

Those three were all first choice keepers though, they shouldn't really be the comparison because they should be better than him. The likes of Doni, Charles Itandje, Brad Jones and Pegguy Arphexad should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah not being as talented as the first choice is fine. That's the point of them. But we should be okay to want a second choice who doesn't keep passing to the opposition and unsettling the entire team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sion said:

Surely we could be looking at some proven senior pro from the Championship who wants one last pay day sat on our bench but with a decent chance of playing considering our sicknote goalie. 

Tim Krul? Ben Foster? Keiran Westwood? 

None of them are amazing but all miles better than Adrian. 

 

Krul is abysmal 

Although would be brilliant for sorry lyrics and word association threads

6 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah not being as talented as the first choice is fine. That's the point of them. But we should be okay to want a second choice who doesn't keep passing to the opposition and unsettling the entire team.

Not setting off on holiday whilst the opposition cross the ball should also be that list

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swipe said:

Yeah not being as talented as the first choice is fine. That's the point of them. But we should be okay to want a second choice who doesn't keep passing to the opposition and unsettling the entire team.

you think that's a quality in a keeper? :hmm:

 

3 hours ago, Swipe said:

Genuinely incredible that. If it was Pickford I'd have it printed on a t-shirt.

It really was. I'm almost glad it happened - it was one of those 'once in a lifetime' moments

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I was trying to be funny :(

Ah sorry! I’m still massively grumpy about it all. 

30 minutes ago, Michael said:

Surely for the duration of his tenure in the side, Adrian should be told to kick it long. We could try and win the second ball and even if we don’t it will be well away from our goal.

It’s like watching some of the lesser teams in the league. It’s noble you’re trying to play out from the back but you clearly can’t so don’t bother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Michael said:

Surely for the duration of his tenure in the side, Adrian should be told to kick it long. We could try and win the second ball and even if we don’t it will be well away from our goal.

I'd probably prefer we kick it out for a corner 

The xg would be lower than a back pass 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...