Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Welcome Alisson Becker

Surprised he stayed up after taking Jimenez's shot on the face. Thought he'd go down and kil their momentum. Only holds on to the next cross over though, brilliant.

So them no weakness. For he knows capoeira!

Really annoys me how any people bang on about him never having any difficult saves to make because are always fired directly at him. If they bothered to think about it for a moment they might realise that his supreme anticipation and positional sense means that it is he who is always in the right place, not the attackers always hitting it at him. 

He basically made it impossible for Jiménez to score that one he saved with his face, due to his angles and size he had no goal to shoot at. Brilliant goalkeeping.

It feels like when we have a wobble he steps up, takes care of business and then we get through it and end up winning. He is obviously a leader in this team and we are blessed with a few. I think we have 6 captains in the squad (Hendo, VVD, Milner, Alisson, Gini and Robbo).

Edited by Leo No.8

Really annoys me how any people bang on about him never having any difficult saves to make because are always fired directly at him. If they bothered to think about it for a moment they might realise that his supreme anticipation and positional sense means that it is he who is always in the right place, not the attackers always hitting it at him. 

Pundits in general have a goalkeeping blind spot. None of them ever criticise De Gea, who gets beaten at his near post every second game.

Wolves' goal was definitely unsaveable. That's so good to know.

Was a belter of a header, to be fair. I like Jimenez.

Clem rarely made absolute blinders of saves from what I remember. Grobbelaar more - but he was as unorthodox as you'll get in a keeper. Brucie prevented loads of goals by doing stuff like coming to the penalty spot to claim a cross which keepers don't do - so there was no goal-scoring opportunity for the opposition. But when it went wrong he either looked a clown or had to bail himself out with something special

Must be pretty soul destroying that you work so hard to fashion a chance and then you've got this lad to beat.

Do you think we drugged him when Roma played us at Anfield?

I didn’t think he was to blame for any of the many goals we scored to be honest, so was hard to gauge how good he was. We absolutely took them apart at Anfield.

Seem to remember his stats in Serie A being stupidly good though, he hadn’t made one error leading to a goal.

He’s the Van Dijk of goalkeeping and I think he’s getting better and better. He’s been flawless recently.

Edited by Leo No.8

Must be pretty soul destroying that you work so hard to fashion a chance and then you've got this lad to beat.

Ha, it was almost as if we gave them a few chances last night just to show our keeper was superb as well as the outfield players

Strangest thing about him is he's smaller than Mignolet but seems twice the size. It's like he has a forcefield around him. 

Showed another side today - saving those shots.

Imagine watching that as a striker

If you get past fab hendo and Gini, and you get past Virgil and Gomez and Allison positioning is of a little you may, MAY, score. Wouldn’t count on it because he’s a shot stopper too.

Strangest thing about him is he's smaller than Mignolet but seems twice the size. It's like he has a forcefield around him.

He’s really shorter than him? Jesus.

Alisson's hands look massive, I wonder if some city fan started a thread about his gloves being oversized illegal size