Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Welcome Alisson Becker

I don’t think there’s a lot in it, both superb.

Ederson looks like an extra in a Prisoner Cell Block H episode though. Alisson is just well..... swooon

He’s brilliant though. Alisson is even better.

The pair of them were miles ahead of anyone else last season. Even De Gea.

Edited by Swipe

I don’t think there’s a lot in it, both superb.

I think Ederson is excellent with his feet, probably even better than Mr Handsome himself.

But when it comes to stopping the ball from going past him, I don't think it's even close. Mr handsome wins hands down.

Plus, just look at him. He's obit gorgeous........

........ Takes a cautious look around..... Not gay.........

Think Alisson does him on decision-making as well. When to come out, when not to, how to make saves look routine etc. Plus the beard, obviously.

I said something like ‘look at him, only he could pull off that pink kit’ at the game and a girl in front turned round and agreed very strongly. Like she’d been waiting for someone to say it for ages. Goalkeeping wise, for me he’s the best in the world but still only a bit better then Ederson. Looks wise there’s clearly absolutely no contest.

David James?

When it comes to keepers, looks are much more important than football ability

David James was good looking, sure, but well, you know. You're only half wrong thou.

per the earlier video he's back on his feet doing muscle strength-work. I'd guess 2-3 weeks from that time, probably on the closer end given that he gets the best treatment. So probably late Sept. Like Chelsea on the 22. 

If he's not ready for that we have games on the 25 (League Cup), 28 (Sheff U), 2 Oct (Red Bull) & 5th (Leicester) before another international break. Then it's the Mancs on the 20th. 

Chelsea aside fairly routine games on paper so he could be put on to ice till the Mancs if he's not fully fir for Chelsea to be sure he's not rushed back as these things have a tendency to recur if you skimp on physio

Steve Ogrizovic Phwoaarrrrr

Mike Hooper presented me with my player of the year trophy when I was a kid, and I remember he was quite camp. Those two were our perennial 80s backups.

Saw something from the express on twitter about how it might take him longer to come back.

Clicked on it and it was Craig Burley’s opinion. Based on the fact that AB is a big unit.

“The problem is he’s a big lad and that’s a lot of tonnage going through those calves” Burley told ESPN FC.

Speaking of Alisson, Achterberg also offered an update on the custodian's continued rehabilitation from the calf injury sustained against Norwich, reiterating Jurgen Klopp's claims that no date will be placed upon his return as of yet.

“Ali has been working with Dave [Rydings] in the gym a lot to improve the strength and try to keep the fitness levels up,” he said. “In the last few days he has been out on the pitch to do some catching and footwork, as well as small passing drills.

Speaking of Alisson, Achterberg also offered an update on the custodian's continued rehabilitation from the calf injury sustained against Norwich, reiterating Jurgen Klopp's claims that no date will be placed upon his return as of yet.

“Ali has been working with Dave [Rydings] in the gym a lot to improve the strength and try to keep the fitness levels up,” he said. “In the last few days he has been out on the pitch to do some catching and footwork, as well as small passing drills.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6452637-liverpool-s-goalkeeping-coach-offers-update-on-fitness-of-adrian-alisson/partners/40776