By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Fabinho

Dan

Gomez is great, am a big fan of his but think his form end of last season and early this season has been quite poor - switched off at times and some sloppy mistakes. Which is why it’s great to have options, maybe he’s been suffering from a bit of mental tiredness which is understandable and may happen to others.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Played RB a fair bit for Monaco didn't he? CB would seem a better fit for him than that, certainly in our team.

I think he'd do a very good job there. He certainly doesn't strike you as being massively error prone, even if there would maybe be a danger of him not dominating the very best lads.

My worry would be more what him there means for midfield. Keita, Ox and even Thiago all tend to have periods missing.

58 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Played RB a fair bit for Monaco didn't he? CB would seem a better fit for him than that, certainly in our team.

I think he'd do a very good job there. He certainly doesn't strike you as being massively error prone, even if there would maybe be a danger of him not dominating the very best lads.

My worry would be more what him there means for midfield. Keita, Ox and even Thiago all tend to have periods missing.

Yeah, he has played right back and I agree about the holes left in midfield if he played centre half this season, as his anticipation and height ( and mobility for a tall player) are definitely strengths there. 

Thiago out, Milner looks shot and that leaves us with Hendo and Gini capable of covering fullbacks, which is essential given our issues in defence 

Trent's reluctance / inability to block crosses is doing my nut in. It's not difficult and Robbo does it well. 

23 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

My only concern is that he's basically playing as defensive midfielder in how he approaches things and someone might work out how to expose that.

Theres definitely a penalty to be won when he goes in to win the ball in the box. He does it so brilliantly though. Immense last night.