By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Red Paul Get well soon thread

Swan Red

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Poole. Paul has been moved from the high level unit into the recuperation ward, there are 4 beds in there sohe's now not shut in a room on is own. I haven't seen him for 3 weeks so the improvement resonates more than with somebody you see every day, and my, oh my, he's making good progress.

He still has mobility problems down his right side but his speech is improved, he's absolutely 100% the same RP mentally and is as sharp as ever albeit he can't communicate well (not helped by his voice still being lowered from the tracheotomy and me being deaf as a frigging post) yet, but he's much improved on that score and actually looks very well physically, he's lost a bit of weight and it suits him.

He can't work a mouse so has no real access to the internet, the medication he's on means he sleeps more than before so the days whilst sometimes boring are more tolerable. He watched the FA Cup final on Saturday and is watching the final on Saturday night with all of his family, he's as excited as we all are and categorically would have gone had he not fallen ill.

I met his speech therapist whilst i was there, she will play a big part in his recovery. I'm not sure how far away he is from going home but hopefully not too far,that will be a massive stride forward in his recovery, particularly at this time of year when he can go out and enjoy the sunshine, this in itself will be a huge boost to his well being, a huge step.

His Liverpool shirt and all of your good wishes have really counted, he is truly touched and delighted at your words of support, he thought the shirt really was a lovely touch (well played NYR). Guys (and Gals) please send him an email, it only has to be a one liner, the staff read them out to him, it takes 10 seconds and cheers him up.

He's on the mend, he has a long way to go but get there he will. 

Losing weight suits him ? f***ing hell Murph, why didn’t you just get in the bed and bum him then ?

Great to hear such positive progress and thank you so much for visiting like that Murph, it probably proves that you aren’t 100% a c***

Losing weight suits him ? f***ing hell Murph, why didn’t you just get in the bed and bum him then ?

Great to hear such positive progress and thank you so much for visiting like that Murph, it probably proves that you aren’t 100% a c***

It's not a chore, I really like Paul and I'm happy to report back because people om here who know him like him too. I am however a 100% c*nt when dealing with ne'er do wells and the like, so on your way...  :thumbs:

How do you know he didn't, eh? 

Great news on RP's progress so far. Let's hope the lads give him a great present on Saturday  :thumbs:

Murph - Where does RP live? I'm going to be down South coast way (Southborne/Boscombe) in late July, and I'd be happy to make a detour to tell Paul what I really think of him.

Like the poor guy hasn't suffered enough already

Murph - Where does RP live? I'm going to be down South coast way (Southborne/Boscombe) in late July, and I'd be happy to make a detour to tell Paul what I really think of him.

Apparently he's moving at the end of June, first I'd heard of it... ;)

Apparently he's moving at the end of June, first I'd heard of it...

I work in Christchurch, right next door to Southbourne, PM me mate, that would be great, I'll come along with you if you like. If he's out by then he lives in Brankscome near Poole, 30 minutes max.

Edited by Murphman

Cant imagine how I'd missed this entire thread, hope the recovery continues to go well RP! 

It was you that personally recommended me here quite a few years ago (must be almost 20 years now) when you snuck into my fledgling LFC Supporters group from Portland, Oregon USA.  Anyway, up and at 'em mate, big game in a couple days eh?

Apparently he's moving at the end of June, first I'd heard of it... ;)

I work in Christchurch, right next door to Southbourne, PM me mate, that would be great, I'll come along with you if you like. If he's out by then he lives in Brankscome near Poole, 30 minutes max.

Grand. Will do.

Like the poor guy hasn't suffered enough already

Ha ha ha!

• 2 weeks later...

The boy is doing VERY well.I popped along earlier with Eskimo (Rob), he has a sparkle in his eye and was out of bed.still a way to go but the (brilliant) news is they're targeting him home in 5 weeks. He has mobility problems still but physio is having an impact, he's in great spirits and asked me to tell you you're all a bunch of c*nts.

Go visit him if you're remotely close, ever, he'd love the visit. Unless you're Macca, obviously.

Edited by Murphman