Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Red Paul Get well soon thread

Saw him 3-4 weeks ago. 

He's doing ok. He could stand and walk a bit. His communication is improving. Long process though. 

Saw him 3-4 weeks ago. 

He's doing ok. He could stand and walk a bit. His communication is improving. Long process though. 

good to hear he could tell you to f*** off, all the best Paul

I had planned to pop in and see Paul on my way to Gatwick tomorrow. As you will probably know, they moved him from Poole some time ago and he has been receiving treatment  from a top rehabilitation centre Surrey, I called the centre to check I could get in to see the old fella around tea time and was informed he was on a 'home visit'. good job I didn't just turn up.

I had a brief chat with the staff nurse who told me Paul has made great strides and his recovery whilst painfully slow has been consistent and that he would be vastly improved to when I last saw him which I reckon was about 9 months ago?

So what to do? Easy, I called him up... We had a good chat, his speech has improved out of sight and apparently he is fully mobile with a cane, he is perfectly lucid (by which mean he makes as much sense as he ever did, Hi Paul  :D ) . We discussed the Reds, he's predicted 3-0, I told him about the ticketing fiasco and he is just as angry as we all are. I believe they are moving him soon to a place in Luton where they expect him to continue with his rehabilitation for 3 to 6 months at which point he will be allowed to leave and lead a normal life again.

Two things.

We simply have to get him up to a match.

He would be delighted to hear from you (apart from Macca and Jonesy, obviously) CALL HIM!!

Murph

Edited by Murphman

I had planned to pop in and see Paul on my way to Gatwick tomorrow. As you will probably know, they moved him from Poole some time ago and he has been receiving treatment  from a top rehabilitation centre Surrey, I called the centre to check I could get in to see the old fella around tea time and was informed he was on a 'home visit'. good job I didn't just turn up.

I had a brief chat with the staff nurse who told me Paul has made great strides and his recovery whilst painfully slow has been consistent and that he would be vastly improved to when I last saw him which I reckon was about 9 months ago?

So what to do? Easy, I called him up... We had a good chat, his speech has improved out of sight and apparently he is fully mobile with a cane, he is perfectly lucid (by which mean he makes as much sense as he ever did, Hi Paul  :D ) . We discussed the Reds, he's predicted 3-0, I told him about the ticketing fiasco and he is just as angry as we all are. I believe they are moving him soon to a place in Luton where they expect him to continue with his rehabilitation for 3 to 6 months at which point he will be allowed to leave and lead a normal life again.

Two things.

We simply have to get him up to a match.

He would be delighted to hear from you (apart from Macca and Jonesy, obviously) CALL HIM!!

Murph

we'll call him from Madrid

meantime we can write a script for a funny sketch to be recorded and sent to him 

all in all, great news though - absolutely massive comeback given the initial situation

edit just texted him and had a response so that's good 

Edited by Molby

Would love to see the old c*** again, not Murph obviously, I mean Paul, who was a delight and a gentleman when we met in Basel.

Had a nice chat with Paul this afternoon. He sounds good. I was asking him too many questions too quickly and I had to slow down, but he’s all there. He’s predicting 3-0.

Just spoken with Paul. It's been and will be a long haul but clearly he's getting there. He reckons another 3 weeks or so and he could finally be leaving the clinic and receive treatment at home. He is still buzzing about Madrid.

I cannot express strongly enough how much good it does him when people to just call him up for a 10 minute chat. It's probably easier for me as most of my conversations are 80% one way anyway but whilst Paul still has a problem expressing himself fully at times he's moved on a million miles since last year and he needs all the support and help he can get. Ring him....