By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Red Paul Get well soon thread

Swan Red

That's great.

Considering all of this great care that he's getting, do you think he's milking it a bit? You know what he's like. It might be a good idea to check the CCTV footage. Give his missus the head's-up.  :thumbs:

Make no mistake, and I know you're tongue in cheek Mark, but he's been to hell. He's a bit of a star the way he's coping with it all, knowing he's improving all the time is all he can focus on, he's a very bright man with little to occupy his time,  he must be bored sh*tless but is very stoic and positive..

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get well RP, Illegitimi non carborundum, or in local speak, don't let Murph bring you down!

PS well done Murphman, you're a fking star in all this. More power to you lad!

PSS multi-edit - arsed it, font, script, size, all ballsed up.

Edited by DPD1973

I don't visit the genny much, so just saw this - I didn't realize at first who the thread was about.

So glad to hear you are making good progress, RP.

I know how frustrating rehab can be, but I'm sure you know every little hard won gain brings you one step closer to recovery.

Best wishes to you.

That's great.

Considering all of this great care that he's getting, do you think he's milking it a bit? You know what he's like. It might be a good idea to check the CCTV footage. Give his missus the head's-up.  :thumbs:

:lol:

Make no mistake, and I know you're tongue in cheek Mark, but he's been to hell. He's a bit of a star the way he's coping with it all, knowing he's improving all the time is all he can focus on, he's a very bright man with little to occupy his time,  he must be bored sh*tless but is very stoic and positive..

Really glad he's on the mend. Must have been a massive shock for him and his family. 

Has he got an ipad for podcasts/films/books etc? That might help with the boredom. 

I've actually never met Paul, but have messged him on here over the years. If there's anything more you think I/we could do to cheer him up a bit let us know. 

Edited by Ed the Wool

:lol:

Really glad he's on the mend. Must have been a massive shock for him and his family. 

Has he got an ipad for podcasts/films/books etc? That might help with the boredom. 

I've actually never met Paul, but have messged him on here over the years. If there's anything more you think I/we could do to cheer him up a bit let us know. 

Will do Ed.Paul has restricted control over his right hand and this causes all kinds of operative problems, if he could operate a keyboard, a phone or I Pod life would be easier I guess,. He'll get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Been with Murph to visit Paul this evening - it's been a bit of a stint, only just got back to my hotel after diversions to Murph's corner shop and for a quick drink in Christchurch, but a pleasure to catch up with the pair of them. Paul is bored s***less and therefore very glad of the visits, and, of course, itching to get out (three weeks to go now by his reckoning) and then the long haul through physio, rehab etc. but great that he is well enough for that to be on the cards. If any one else is able to get in there, he'd be very appreciative. We were trying to count up how many people Paul had banned from this site... we lost count :lol:

Will do Ed.Paul has restricted control over his right hand and this causes all kinds of operative problems, if he could operate a keyboard, a phone or I Pod life would be easier I guess,. He'll get there.

It's a tricky w***.

Murphy ask him if he wants my iptv on his ipad. At least he can watch all the sky sports channels lfctv etc if he wants to pass the time.

in my car, obviously...

Would have been the exhaust fumes from the car contributing to climate change that caused the intemperate weather that caused your paper shop to blow away. 

That'll f***ing teach you. 

Sides. Splitting. Love you mate.

So what do you sell in your corner shop? Bakewells tarts? Tizer? Air fresheners? Beano and Dandy?

Lifetime Mortgages or as you will know them, Reverse Mortgages aka Equity Release. Our fees undercut the nationals by 80% and it's not on the corner it's in a shopping precinct  :thumbs:

Would have been the exhaust fumes from the car contributing to climate change that caused the intemperate weather that caused your paper shop to blow away. 

That'll f***ing teach you. 

I get the blame for everything in our house as well.

Yes, mate, life's been a bit frantic over the last month or so since we had that conversation. I think the weekend after next is probably my best window for the trial... .  

no worries whenever you are ready skip.