Celtic have no ambition

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F*ck them. Don't want those sectarian w*nkers anywhere near our league.

Is the correct answer.

The bigot brothers are a cancer on scottish football, anyone who wants them to join the Premier League wants thier head looked at.

You could make the same sort of case for PSG joining the Premier League. Thats not happening either. 

I'm of the belief that the political entity should be the determining factor. There is no England at the UN. There are Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish in Westminster. There is no Scottish army. The United Kingdom is the only country to the best of my knowledge that is allowed to field four teams and that is down to some weird anachronism about being the founder of the game. 

The drawn lines, with the exception of Northern Ireland are not absolute. So if they are not absolute, then what is the issue with more joining in? The cross border activity is pretty extensive already. It's not just Cardiff, Swansea and Newport. It's Merthyr, Wrexham and Rhyl too. New Saints go in the other direction. Berwick plays in Scotland and Gretna plays in England.

I'm of the belief that the political entity should be the determining factor. There is no England at the UN. There are Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish in Westminster. There is no Scottish army. The United Kingdom is the only country to the best of my knowledge that is allowed to field four teams and that is down to some weird anachronism about being the founder of the game. 

The drawn lines, with the exception of Northern Ireland are not absolute. So if they are not absolute, then what is the issue with more joining in? The cross border activity is pretty extensive already. It's not just Cardiff, Swansea and Newport. It's Merthyr, Wrexham and Rhyl too. New Saints go in the other direction. Berwick plays in Scotland and Gretna plays in England.

Disagree, they all have their own FAs - and should play in their own leagues.

There's historical reasons for the Welsh teams playing in the English system which wouldn't be granted today - personally I'd like to see them all coming back into a stronger Welsh league but it'll never happen. 

F*ck them. Don't want those sectarian w*nkers anywhere near our league.

Exactly. If either of them were in the English league they'd be playing behind closed doors within a month because of the racism etc. on their terraces. I couldn't believe the levels of it when I went to a game at Ibrox.

Rubbish

Rogers:

"Can you imagine Celtic with that resource? Then it can go as far as it wants then. It would be frightening prospect but an exciting prospect."

So Why aren't they petitioning EUFA/FIFA/FA to be allowed to compete in the English Prem given how Rogers believes they would become world beaters capable of dominating for years if they did.

Surely all Celtic fans are chomping at the bit for that to happen? Challenging for the champions league every season and raking in the money?

You telling me they just have everything they need and are content with their cozy lot?

I bet Rogers is well cozy with his 5mil a year.

Exactly. If either of them were in the English league they'd be playing behind closed doors within a month because of the racism etc. on their terraces. I couldn't believe the levels of it when I went to a game at Ibrox.

Aye it's just inviting trouble. There would be protests at grounds every November and minutes silence getting disturbed. Songs about the IRA or UVF. the league doesn't bed that s***

• 4 weeks later...

Celtic - and Rangers - are the only things propping the league up. It's a decent sized country with small population. You have a long way to travel to some games that'll be watched by 10,000 people if you're lucky. It's not financially viable.

Amazing when you look up the stats - there are only 5 teams with average attendances over 10,000. And only the two obvious supects get over 20,000 (with just under 50,000 and just under 60,000). It really is a joke of a league.

Amazing when you look up the stats - there are only 5 teams with average attendances over 10,000. And only the two obvious supects get over 20,000 (with just under 50,000 and just under 60,000). It really is a joke of a league.

Not too dissimilar to Portugal, 5 clubs over 10k, and only 3 over 20

But they can still provide some competition in Europe usually