Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Cockles

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Guardian saying he should be PFA Player of the Year (already)

In its 46 years, the PFA’s Player of the Year award has been given to 41 people, representing 15 clubs and 12 countries from England to Egypt. The winners have been young and old, tall and short, but they all have one thing in common: none of them have been full-backs. There is a lot of football still to be played this season but already it seems there is no doubt about the destiny of the title, and though there are several Liverpool players who will be in the discussion when the individual awards are handed out, I think based on the campaign so far Trent Alexander-Arnold is edging it.

click the link for the rest of the article

did anyone notice THAT PASS for Ox's goal today? insane.

sorry - pass to Firmino for Hendo's goal. too many beers,

This kid. 

all he knows is this. 2 CL finals. 2 title runs. Won one of each. World club, super cup. 

only 21. 

and he’s ours. 

a gentleman and a gem. 

my son’s hero. 

Can you imagine if he stays in this trajectory as a human and player and part of a team that does this. 

Too much to contemplate and hope for tbf.

Am wondering if/when he makes a transition into midfield. Williams looks like he could be ready to step in at RB and the team not miss a beat

10 minutes ago, Cobs said:

Am wondering if/when he makes a transition into midfield. Williams looks like he could be ready to step in at RB and the team not miss a beat

I do wonder what they'd be like as a combination down the right side in the event Salah wasn't there like last weekend. Would obviously be a different set up but could be a way of changing things when he isn't. 

34 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I do wonder what they'd be like as a combination down the right side in the event Salah wasn't there like last weekend. Would obviously be a different set up but could be a way of changing things when he isn't. 

When the team for Everton came out I immediately said that we had stripped out the pace bar Mane. It showed in the performance. I don’t think Trent should play in the front three. Especially since his best bits are kicking the ball far away from himself.

3 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

When the team for Everton came out I immediately said that we had stripped out the pace bar Mane. It showed in the performance. I don’t think Trent should play in the front three. Especially since his best bits are kicking the ball far away from himself.

I wasn't necessarily saying front three. It's pretty clear we need to do something different when certain people are unavailable.

45 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I wasn't necessarily saying front three. It's pretty clear we need to do something different when certain people are unavailable.

Sorry. Misread. You did say the system had to be different.

He's at the level now where teams like Barca and Real start looking at their bank account. He could easily go on to be one of the all time greats.

He looks cool as f*** as well with his longer hair and little beard 

2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

He's at the level now where teams like Barca and Real start looking at their bank account. He could easily go on to be one of the all time greats.

Enough about Neco Williams, we’ve moved the subject back to Trent

• Like 1

I do wonder if he is Going to end up playing in front of Fabinho, on the right. With neco right back and Elliott right wing.

definite captain material. 

13 hours ago, D.Boon said:

The grill is a bit unfortunate though...

9 hours ago, growler said:

I do wonder if he is Going to end up playing in front of Fabinho, on the right. With neco right back and Elliott right wing.

definite captain material. 

Was thinking about this yesterday. I’ve always been dead against moving him but the only thing that would change my mind would be Neco Williams cracking on and proving to be exceptional. The natural position for Trent would be as you’ve suggested. 

I think it's always been the easiest way for us to progress

There would have been similar calls for Gerrard to play at right back for longer  but Babbel and our selection of centre mids / an injured Redknapp were factors there. 

It'll happen. 

I like the idea of leaving him where he is and letting him be talked about in the same way as Maldini and Lahm. 

Both of whom played a few games in midfield anyway.......hmmmm.

4 hours ago, Earl Hafler said:

I think it's always been the easiest way for us to progress

There would have been similar calls for Gerrard to play at right back for longer  but Babbel and our selection of centre mids / an injured Redknapp were factors there. 

It'll happen. 

Gerrard was never a realistic option as a long term right back though was he?

45 minutes ago, Boca said:

Gerrard was never a realistic option as a long term right back though was he?

Given the story he tells about playing against Ginola on his first start, he definitely didn't think he was a right back long term.

We need to buy the second best right back in the world, so he can become the best passing midfielder in the world.

1 minute ago, Aritro said:

We need to buy the second best right back in the world, so he can become the best passing midfielder in the world.

You don’t think Neco is going to progress ?