Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Cockles

Trent Alexander-Arnold

He sees the game incredibly well and his crossing may be the best that we’ve seen from any player. Ever.

Beckham to be fair, had an amazing cross.

I used to joke with utd fans that even I'd get 20 goals a season playing in that utd team. He literally used to put crosses on Dwight yorkes forehead, it was harder to miss them than score.

Credit where it's due.

But trent is similar, the chances he creates are easy goals for the strikers, you simply cast miss them. It's a thing of beauty.

Someone said he’d been s*** in the first half in the match thread.

You should all be grateful after I gave him an earful. Ended up the best player on the pitch. ;)

'High-end underdog glamour' is a pretty good description of that wool nonsense before kick off to be fair.

Never gets mentioned that they financially doped their way to promotion. Fairytale my a***.

He’s so reminiscent of Gerrard at times.

More elegant passer i think. Better weight to it. And better cross.

We've for a player with better delivery than Gerrard. At right back. Mad.

If he learns to shoot, he'll be absolutely ridiculous.

He’s obviously working hard in the gym too, he’s a lot stronger and broader than 12 months ago and I think that has helped his defending. He’s no longer brushed off the ball. Jurgen mentioned his physique being the biggest question mark over whether he would make it when he was a young lad coming through.

Beckham to be fair, had an amazing cross.

I used to joke with utd fans that even I'd get 20 goals a season playing in that utd team. He literally used to put crosses on Dwight yorkes forehead, it was harder to miss them than score.

Credit where it's due.

But trent is similar, the chances he creates are easy goals for the strikers, you simply cast miss them. It's a thing of beauty.

I agree with that. I never had an issue with Beckham, other than that he was a Manc. But he could cross the ball like nobodies business for sure.

Trent, in my opinion, will be better though. He's not there yet, but he will be.

Nicked from 365

Since the start of last season, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been part of the Premier League’s meanest defence. He’s also assisted more goals than any other player in the division. And won the Champions League. And become the youngest player to start in consecutive finals. And won the Super Cup and the Club World Cup. And been named Young Player of the Year for his boyhood club twice in a row. And been nominated for the Ballon D’Or. And been named in the Premier League and Champions League Team of the Season.

Alexander-Arnold is 21. His passing, his crossing, his recovery, his bite and his ability to step up in the biggest moments of the biggest matches is like nothing we have seen in a boy so young for a long, long time. Someone rip off his shirt and check for wires

Yet still we'll hear former players (as recent as yesterday) and experts say they would probably choose AWB for the biggest games for England as "he's better on one v ones than Trent" and "England will probably have to defend more than Liverpool do".

You couldn't make it up.

Yet still we'll hear former players (as recent as yesterday) and experts say they would probably choose AWB for the biggest games for England as "he's better on one v ones than Trent" and "England will probably have to defend more than Liverpool do".

You couldn't make it up.

Loser mentality.