By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Tommy Cockles

I met Murphy back in 2000 and didn't like him at all. Very full of himself and made it very clear he was not really interested in talking to an awe struck fan. Carra and Stevie were tagging along with him and he was clearly the "leader" of that trio back then. Both Carra and Stevie were not established regulars in the team at the time. I then met Didi a few mins later and he was actually very nice. 

I met Murphy back in 2000 and didn't like him at all. Very full of himself and made it very clear he was not really interested in talking to an awe struck fan. Carra and Stevie were tagging along with him and he was clearly the "leader" of that trio back then. Both Carra and Stevie were not established regulars in the team at the time. I then met Didi a few mins later and he was actually very nice. 

Gerrard and Carragher were pretty much first team regulars in 2000 though.

Gerrard and Carragher were pretty much first team regulars in 2000 though.

Carra more than Gerrard but both were not the automatic first XI starters they were to become over time. I met them in early 2000 and 99/00 was the season when Gerrard really got a regular run in the side with 31 appearances. 

I think it depends when you meet them and what audience they are with.

Over the past few years I have been lucky enough to be around many ex players when they have visited Aus, Carragher was the least engaging - which surprised me.

Didi was sound and very opinionated about many things. Barnes and Fowler are just great people , and Rush is far more relaxed around fans these days. Smicer and Garcia are very funny.

As for pundits, the one I really dislike is Danny Mills.

What did you find surprising about Carragher's attitude considering he wrote for the mail, he spat on someone (admittedly a manc c***), got Rafa the sack, and then talked about how it was great that his wife can finally talk to some other English wags?

What did you find surprising about Carragher's attitude considering he wrote for the mail, he spat on someone (admittedly a manc c***), got Rafa the sack, and then talked about how it was great that his wife can finally talk to some other English wags?

More his lack of time for fans who paid money to ‘meet’ him. He was the only player I have seen on his phone whilst signing stuff and posing for pictures. He wasn’t rude or anything like that and no one complained but he just wasn't like the others.

Murphy is still bitter at Benitez, his comments about his contribution to the Justice Fund were a disgrace, potentially actionable.

I can’t remember that. What did he say? Having a go at anyone for a gesture along the lines of what Rafa did should be an automatic pillorying.

I have heard that about Lineker. He’s a serious swordsman.

I sat with Robbie and Rush at the pre-season game in San Francisco. Good guys. Rushie gets a bit tongue tied at times. They had all sorts to say about Sturridge. Let’s just say they weren’t big fans of his work ethic and focus.

What's the deal with Lineker? He always seems sound on the telly. Is he a massive womaniser?

Some absolute horror stories about him. How he is towards women especially. Lots of super injunction stuff too.

He’s decent on motd but supposedly an utter c*** irl.

I can’t remember that. What did he say? Having a go at anyone for a gesture along the lines of what Rafa did should be an automatic pillorying.

On national radio he suggested that it was not a sincere gesture, but a calculated, cynical one to keep the fans on his side; and argued that nor was it that much given the size of the payoff he got from the club.

I meant lineker but not in a sincere way, his brother is one of the worst people of these islands

Ah! Fair enough......hang on I've just looked him up. Didnt realise he was his brother. He's a bad d****ead.

On national radio he suggested that it was not a sincere gesture, but a calculated, cynical one to keep the fans on his side; and argued that nor was it that much given the size of the payoff he got from the club.

I reckon he was gutted we won it.