By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome VvD

RP

So did I.

I took a lot of joy from John Arne Riise scoring a goal against United and one against Everton but he's still in at number 1 on this list.

I don't understand this at all.

We are literally polar opposites.

If you were a bird I'd ask you out on a date, and then maybe for your hand in marriage.

Ignore me I'm just febrile.

Your ruthless pragmatism is where it's at.

Don't you start on me. You're Phil's.

I missed the breaking news because I was at the in-laws for dinner, had a glance at Instagram before dessert, saw VVD with our shirt and let out an audible gasp. They genuinely thought someone had died.

You had dessert. Posh at your in-laws?

I missed the breaking news because I was at the in-laws for dinner, had a glance at Instagram before dessert, saw VVD with our shirt and let out an audible gasp. They genuinely thought someone had died.

Bet there's been plenty of disbelieving gasps this evening.

Reckon he’s captain by the end of the season. Won’t be a big ceremonial thing. He’ll just get that armband when a few are out, hold on to it then he’ll just be the new captain.

Then he scores the winner in Kiev and lifts number six.

Edited by Swipe

Just reading through all the comments now

• Completely agree on the money issue - its not ours and when we save in a Summer, it never seems to be spent in the following window
  • Hopefully he becomes the quality CB we need and highlights that more needs to be invested in this area.
  • Getting him early January gives him an intense 6 weeks before Porto

On the last point, I wonder if Karius will start at Porto and if that's the intention will Karius get to play some league games before so that VVD gets a better understanding.

As for the coastal erosion comment about 2 pages back, howl ! :applause:

Echo saying we flew a medical team down to Bournemouth this morning as we were desperate to get it all done as soon as we agreed everything with Southampton, to stop City having the change of matching it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpools-emergency-dash-stop-14086751

Edited by Swipe

Echo saying we flew a medical team down to Bournemouth this morning as we were desperate to get it all done as soon as we agreed everything with Southampton, to stop City having the change of matching it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpools-emergency-dash-stop-14086751

Havent clicked it Swipe but it sounds like "padding" the story from a PR perspective.

Southampton called the tune in the Summer and if they wanted a higher bid, they could have waited until the window opened, stalled, leaked, waited then decided.

It would appear that they knew VVD wanted LFC and were willing to get the cash in on January 1st to further their own transfer agenda.

I'm sure the medics were down there as it seems it suited both LFC and Southampton but not buying the Man City angle.