Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

European Cup Draw - SEMI FINAL Update

you know - in the 7 years we've been in the 'Champions League', we've made the QF (or better) 5 times. Each time has seen us face another English team at some stage. In 08 there were 3 English clubs in the SF so, yano....But Real & Barca - have they ever faced each other in the QF onwards despite probably being in every one for aeons? IT'S A FIX

you see the bit where it says "HAVE THEY EVER..."

I saw that.

I think it's called a rhetorical question, isn't it? ;)

Tell you what, I wish people would stop going on about how our atmosphere is going to win it for us and how the City players gave never experienced anything like it.

It might well turn out to be true but we're just setting ourselves up for a fall

I saw that.

I think it's called a rhetorical question, isn't it? ;)

this wasn't, I couldn't remember them playing each other. Mind, I don't watch much non-LFC footy & if we're not in the competition that year I pay less attention.

I think we may have two dials up on atmos.. depends on the two parallel stands..

shouldn't be too hard. 

It may not have the impact of Chelsea 05, but it'll do us more favours than harm

Yes Chelsea 05 was sensational, but we do have thousands more in the ground now too, and a manager and team who are exciting to watch, which can only help. 2 early goals like we had v Juve in 05 will do.

For all that's being made about city not knowing what's hit them (despite being hit by it about a month ago), think we need to be braced for what happens if/ when they score at anfield. An early away goal and I would worry about our heads dropping.

The atmosphere was pretty sensational the last time we played them. Unfortunately I think the element of surprise has gone.

so they wont be expecting it again :yes:

For all that's being made about city not knowing what's hit them (despite being hit by it about a month ago), think we need to be braced for what happens if/ when they score at anfield. An early away goal and I would worry about our heads dropping.

Your ma’s head drops

:yes:

Nah - think in a game like this the crowd will make noise no matter what. Kinell - look at the 05 final, we were comprehensively outplayed in the 1H.

Watched extended highlights of that again last night. Man there were goal chances aplenty - forgot about Luis Garcia heading off the line at the post from a corner at 0-1. We had a few pops at their goal, Sheva had one disallowed, and at 0-2, Baros was penalized for a marginal handball where a few mins earlier we weren't given a pen for a more obvious one. Jerzy had a load of moments of flap, made a really f***ing good save from a FK right at the start of the 2nd half, where Sheva sent in a rocket that was defo going in, another Jerzy flap let them in & Djimi cleared off the line, Djimi missed a header & Tomasson missed a great chance - probably not expecting it to get to him. At 3-3 Riise stung their keeper's hands, and we had good pressure for a bit with a decent chance at the end of normal time....

Watch it again here - 

you know - in the 7 years we've been in the 'Champions League', we've made the QF (or better) 5 times. Each time has seen us face another English team at some stage. In 08 there were 3 English clubs in the SF so, yano....But Real & Barca - have they ever faced each other in the QF onwards despite probably being in every one for aeons? IT'S A FIX

This is our 10th season in the Champions league.

This is our 10th season in the Champions league.

always worth remembering it's a good thing macca doesn't have a job that requires him to be able to count.