Sign in to follow this  
Murphman

Phobias

This is a landmark holiday for us. Charlie off to Madrid to work and having a birthday on 14th, us moving house on 26th, 2 hours from Gatwick and Heathrow,, my wife's 60th on 16th, our new business venture which starts on 1st November and requires full time attendance in an outlet, We won't be doing this again any time soon. quite frankly I'm glad, We've done it for years and the kids especially have loved it, but I reckon this is probably the end of Florida for us and it's a shame our last memories will be jack booted officials reflecting the new order.

there is a concorde in a hangar in Manchester too..... when I was at Sony we had a Wipeout launch party underneath the Concorde and were allowed access on board... looked very very dated but still very cool 

you can book experience tours on board it: https://book.manchesterairport.co.uk/Rwvp/Purchase?cmd=entryPoint1

Anyone see that Concorde documentary on BBC4? worth a watch?

This is a landmark holiday for us. Charlie off to Madrid to work and having a birthday on 14th, us moving house on 26th, 2 hours from Gatwick and Heathrow,, my wife's 60th on 16th, our new business venture which starts on 1st November and requires full time attendance in an outlet, We won't be doing this again any time soon. quite frankly I'm glad, We've done it for years and the kids especially have loved it, but I reckon this is probably the end of Florida for us and it's a shame our last memories will be jack booted officials reflecting the new order.

why does it have to be?

remember Mickey Mouse instead

Rednecks see. Come to the People's Republic of New York. You don't get any of that sh*t here.

Only the city of New York. Upstate New York state has it's fair share of myopic people.

Anybody flown Flybe? We're going up to Manchester on their prop plane. RP has spooked me, the scaremongering c*nt.

Anybody flown Flybe? We're going up to Manchester on their prop plane. RP has spooked me, the scaremongering c*nt.

Scariest ever experience of my life - Cardiff to Paris CDG on a propeller driven plane in a massive thunderstorm - suddenly dropping like a stone with no notice. In the days where planes like that only had a curtain to the cockpit and you could see how much the pilots were s***ting themselves. 

Have a nice flight Murph. 

Scariest ever experience of my life - Cardiff to Paris CDG on a propeller driven plane in a massive thunderstorm - suddenly dropping like a stone with no notice. In the days where planes like that only had a curtain to the cockpit and you could see how much the pilots were s***ting themselves. 

Have a nice flight Murph. 

I'm looking forward to this now.

I'm looking forward to this now.

Jo'burg to Port Elizabeth on a turbo-prop. A stewardess started crying it was that rough a flight. You'll be fine.

Just been reassured by the Golf Club secretary, he's flown Flybe out of Southampton loads of times all over Europe, no problem, piece of piss.

On the way home I remembered he's ex RAF.

Did one to Jersey and nearly puked as it was so bumpy

And a horrendous landing on another flight into the Isle of Man. Felt like we were flying sideways

Not sure the airline makes a lot of difference though Murph. A tiny tin can with a couple of fans pulling it through wind, rain and cloud is a tough ask. You'll be fine.

I flew to Belfast on one. The cabin crew had to make people move about the plane to redistribute the weight but it was fine really

Fck all to do with Flybe. It's a short flight on a prop plane. You never get above the cloud level, so it's bumpy as fck.

You're unlikely to crash (we're not that fcking lucky) but it could very well be a bit of a roller coaster for a nervous old c*** like you.

I am still confident that you will have sold/rented out your sesason tickets within two seasons.

I went on Saturday, left on 90 mins, stopped for petrol on Edge Lane, something to eat at Warwick Services and was home and tucked up way before midnight. In the snow. Just fcking drive, you t***.

We flew in a transit with wings years ago to the isle of man. Horrific it was.even worse when the pilot starts handing out sweets. Get back to work you maniac

I'd trust a prop plane before a jet one any day.

The pilots probably enjoy themselves more too.

that was sort of how i felt. the pilots really know what they're doing in a prop and it seemed to me there was less to go wrong, autopilots, computers and whatnot. have flown in a few prop planes and was less nervous than on jets. and i really don't enjoy flying.

Just been reassured by the Golf Club secretary, he's flown Flybe out of Southampton loads of times all over Europe, no problem, piece of piss.

On the way home I remembered he's ex RAF.

but the flights were only scheduled to go to Manchester.

Fck all to do with Flybe. It's a short flight on a prop plane. You never get above the cloud level, so it's bumpy as fck.

You're unlikely to crash (we're not that fcking lucky) but it could very well be a bit of a roller coaster for a nervous old c*** like you.

I am still confident that you will have sold/rented out your sesason tickets within two seasons.

I went on Saturday, left on 90 mins, stopped for petrol on Edge Lane, something to eat at Warwick Services and was home and tucked up way before midnight. In the snow. Just fcking drive, you t***.

if its a bad flight, he wont remember anyway, so would book with them again.

I have a bad back. You deserve one you fat c*nt, I'm amazed you've gone this long.

I spoke with a mate today who regularly flies to Bergerac with Flybe out of Southampton and reckons they're sound, never had a problem, ever..

I hope the roadworks on the M6 create 5 day delays and then it snows.

That is all.

I have a bad back. You deserve one you fat c*nt, I'm amazed you've gone this long.

I spoke with a mate today who regularly flies to Bergerac with Flybe out of Southampton and reckons they're sound, never had a problem, ever..

I hope the roadworks on the M6 create 5 day delays and then it snows.

That is all.

all the more reason to worry you old c***