sammy & a

Transfer Window Speculation

You always have actual names. I only really know the famous lads and the ones linked with us. Do you watch loads?

Nah. Just keep up to date with links and then have a dabble on YouTube and then check their injury record and then their relevant stats and length of contract and then heatmaps maybe and possibly their agent. All the totally normal stuff.

Nah. Just keep up to date with links and then have a dabble on YouTube and then check their injury record and then their relevant stats and length of contract and then heatmaps maybe and possibly their agent. All the totally normal stuff.

Don't plan my stag!

Haha!

Alex Stewart, Joe Devine & Seb Stafford-Bloor take a look at Liverpool full-back back-up transfer options

Out of interest, they came up with the following options (...while also highlighting that promoting the likes of Williams & Larouci may be the smarter move)

They are mainly more experienced, lower budget options who may be happy to play more of a supporting role.

LB

Mario Rui (28) - roma

Bastian Oczipka (31) - schalke

RB

Daniel Brosinski (31) - mainz

Valentino Lazaro (23) - inter

From what I’ve seen of Williams I wouldn’t be putting anyone in his way, but unsure on Larouci.

Larouci is supposed to be a big talent, isn’t he? Looked a bit all over the place with his positioning, but I thought he improved as the match went along

Hard to know with him, he's a great athlete and gets forward well but he's only played LB about 18 months so he still doesn't really know what he'd doing. He was a right winger before that.

Hard to know with him, he's a great athlete and gets forward well but he's only played LB about 18 months so he still doesn't really know what he'd doing. He was a right winger before that.

Can’t really get further apart on the pitch than that, some change.

Can’t really get further apart on the pitch than that, some change.

Not really if you consider in some sort of alternative universe he could end up marking himself

Played like a right winger against Everton too. Stayed forward even when Everton were attacking down our left.

Maybe he'll learn, but I don't see him making it here.

Played like a right winger against Everton too. Stayed forward even when Everton were attacking down our left.

Maybe he'll learn, but I don't see him making it here.

He's 19 and hadn't ever played before and wasn't even supposed to. You may be right but this feels a little harsh. 

He's 19 and hadn't ever played before and wasn't even supposed to. You may be right but this feels a little harsh.

Thought he looked alright in that game

Harsh in the context of the Everton game, yeah - but not really in the context of discussing whether we need to sign LB cover in the Transfer thread

Edited by Gethin

Harsh in the context of the Everton game, yeah - but not really in the context of discussing whether we need to sign LB cover in the Transfer thread

Well yeah, but it was in response to 'I'm not sure he'll make it here'.

There is also no pathway into the team for him for the next 5-7 years, other than giving robbo the occasional breather. With the standard we're playing at, he'll need to be a strong talent just to be that.

If he gets a a chance of playing at premiership level somewhere else, he should take it, tbh. We're not a great place for youngsters looking to break into the side these days, really (which is a good thing).

Not sure Jones will make it here either and he looks like he could have made it into the squad rotation in earlier sides.

Two hour meeting took place with Kai Havertz’s agent & #LFC officials in Paris. We have photographic evidence but due to legal reasons we can’t release them. YET! The meeting was very positive.

I've got photographic evidence that the queen had a threesome with Ant and Dec, but for legal reasons I can't publish it.

There is also no pathway into the team for him for the next 5-7 years, other than giving robbo the occasional breather. With the standard we're playing at, he'll need to be a strong talent just to be that.

If he gets a a chance of playing at premiership level somewhere else, he should take it, tbh. We're not a great place for youngsters looking to break into the side these days, really (which is a good thing).

Not sure Jones will make it here either and he looks like he could have made it into the squad rotation in earlier sides.

He's 19. Maybe he'll also be a winger who can fill in at left back. Maybe Robertson will get injured for a year. 

I have no idea how anyone can have a strong opinion on him. 

We’ll have to buy at least two forwards and a midfielder now AFCON will be moved back to January in 2021.

Although the league (Community Shield, Super Cup and CWC) should be wrappes bu then.

I have no idea how anyone can have a strong opinion on him.

Aye much too soon to be making such a strong opinion

Williams looks the real deal & I'd have him as Trent's backup already. Hoever has proven adept enough to be 2nd backup at RB too.

I think Jones has every chance of making it

Larouci - raw as anything but expect he'll play vs Shrewsbury, doesn't appear to be at Williams' level yet

Well yeah, but it was in response to 'I'm not sure he'll make it here'.

He'd only come back from injury a few days beforehand as well