sammy & a

Transfer Window Speculation

I think if Salah is still playing for us at 32 we've probably got something wrong.

Not if we've won 2/3 more titles by then

I wasn't saying sell him next week. Can you honestly see him still being here in 2024/25 though? These people aren't immortal, they get old, they become less effective. We can't just keep them forever and then just randomly turn up a replacement when his legs have stopped working. You have to plan ahead. They'll almost certainly have sussed the point out where these players aren't going to be playing for us anymore. If one of them leaves this summer and we replace them with a really good player that's five years younger then we've done well. It's worth considering that only 3 of the players we use regularly are under the age of 25 and one of them is Origi. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

Putting my bean counter hat on. Why would you sign him for £100m+ when there are players like minamino around for relative peanuts?

That's what we did for years though. Look at the difference Alisson and VvD have made.

Well, Coutinho was quite the steal too. But I agree, think this will be a marvellous piece of business.

Mane and Salah at about £35m each were the steals of the century

I wasn't saying sell him next week. Can you honestly see him still being here in 2024/25 though? These people aren't immortal, they get old, they become less effective. We can't just keep them forever and then just randomly turn up a replacement when his legs have stopped working. You have to plan ahead. They'll almost certainly have sussed the point out where these players aren't going to be playing for us anymore. If one of them leaves this summer and we replace them with a really good player that's five years younger then we've done well. It's worth considering that only 3 of the players we use regularly are under the age of 25 and one of them is Origi. 

Aye - it's the Bob Paisley way - finely balanced

Selling Bobby?

He's absolutely integral to the way we play, the work off the ball etc etc. Sancho is big money but would allow Klopp to rest either rotate the front three, we play a ridiculous number of games.

Plus it fits in with the "plan" in terms of bringing through the next bunch of players.

That's my happy place view anyways, I'm pre-ordering his shirt to beat the rush.

The point is there's no f***ing point selling them while they still have some of their best year ahead of them.

All this handwringing about resale value. FSG has really done a number on people here. You don't see real Madrid worrying about selling benzema while there's still value. He's 32 and probably the best he's ever been.

Get in replacements when the creaks start to show. Then sell when we are ready to move on our terms. So we don't get the transfer we may have gotten if we sold a few years before. Who the f*** cares.

The point is there's no f***ing point selling them while they still have some of their best year ahead of them.

All this handwringing about resale value. FSG has really done a number on people here. You don't see real Madrid worrying about selling benzema while there's still value. He's 32 and probably the best he's ever been.

Get in replacements when the creaks start to show. Then sell when we are ready to move on our terms. So we don't get the transfer we may have gotten if we sold a few years before. Who the f*** cares.

Continuous improvement is much better than this. We have our entire strongest eleven bar Trent over the age of 25. if we wait for the creaks to show we'll need to sign about 10 players at the same time. The idea that these are the only players on earth that make Liverpool a good side that win things is ridiculous. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

It would be great to keep everyone but that’s not really the FSG model. If we want high class replacements then it will be generated through sales. So buying Sanchís means selling someone big. Given the front 3 are in their peak years it’s likely one gets sold this summer. Even if not then it will categorically happen the summer after. The alternative is no big buys

7.25 million pounds..........That's the steal of the century isn't it?

Andy Robertson for zero pounds plus Kevin Stewart is the best transfer Liverpool have ever done.

Up to a point. If you can sell him for more than his worth and replace him with better, why is this a bad thing?

It is a great thing in principle but who is setting 'his worth'?

I reckon right at this moment he is more important for us than Sancho would be.

I doubt anyone would disagree with the wider principle of succession planning and that this probably means players leaving whilst they still have a bit to offer. I also reckon it is mad to think that the way to do this is to bank on the replacement being an instant success. Plenty of people who thought Naby would mean the end of Gini or Hendo. Good job we still have them really. Better that there is an overlap.

Most of our transfers look good because of the coach, he makes them all better. He gives them the absolute best possible chance that improve and succeed.

I understand the principle of needing to sell. Doesn’t have to be in together though. We can buy sancho and sell one of the three season after.

We also have some clear up to do. Bunch of older kids need to be sold and a bunch of younger kids hitting the team, whilst others ageing out.

Lallana, lovren, shaq, Wilson, you would think are done for example, whilst jones and Elliott coming in.

I’m more relaxed knowing klopp is rebuilding this side. It was concerning that in 2022 we’d have a bunch of 30’s with a new manager.

And firmino is never leaving. He’ll be playing us at 37.

Fact is, we have three of the best forwards in the game, Ns there are four or five clubs who could pay those lads wages we can't get close to. I'd love to think they'll all be here for the rest of their peak, but I suspect we'll come under serious pressure fior at least one of them, plus the fact that they're all the same age means they'll all come to the end round about the same time.

I don't want to sell any of them but I do think we'll cash in on one of them at some point, and Klopp will be happy enough when we do.

Fact is, we have three of the best forwards in the game, Ns there are four or five clubs who could pay those lads wages we can't get close to. I'd love to think they'll all be here for the rest of their peak, but I suspect we'll come under serious pressure fior at least one of them, plus the fact that they're all the same age means they'll all come to the end round about the same time.

I don't want to sell any of them but I do think we'll cash in on one of them at some point, and Klopp will be happy enough when we do.

Buy their replacements but dont sell these 3 at their peak. We shouldnt have to in our position.

Buy their replacements but dont sell these 3 at their peak. We shouldnt have to in our position.

We’re not getting the money to do it otherwise

I wa thinking some of you were struggling with the effects of the heat with the sell Bobby posts..but then I remembered you aren’t going through the stupid heat we currently have! So they are just mad shouts.