• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Sion said:

He doesn't look very good though does he, which doesn't help. As in visually, not skill wise. 

And nobody knew who he was 6 months ago. 

If he was built and had 3 years of academy hype behind him, we'd probably all think he was the next best thing. 

What a load of s***

2 hours ago, Swipe said:

Antonio’s reputation has grown astronomically in the past week.

It’s because he always scores against us! He’s a good player to be fair. He’s big, strong, has a bit of skill and knows where the net is. He probably would have a better reputation if his previous managers hadn’t kept playing him at full back.

I'll be honest, I'd assumed there was a bit of the usual hand wringy 'X is s***e against everyone else but always AMAZEBALLZ against us' thing going on here - but the f***er has 5 goals in 8 games against us!

How/when has that happened?

Defo good that he is out if so.

2 minutes ago, kop205 said:

I'll be honest, I'd assumed there was a bit of the usual hand wringy 'X is s***e against everyone else but always AMAZEBALLZ against us' thing going on here - but the f***er has 5 goals in 8 games against us!

I think he scored a header against us from a cross while he was playing f***ing right back one game. 

Antonio has been playing extremely well against not just us but most teams since probably the middle of last season. If he wasn’t a ‘late bloomer’ I reckon a few bigger clubs would be looking at him.

I actually think he’d be a great fit for the middle of our front three because he’s physical, works his socks off and has good technique with his back to goal. But obviously not suggesting it though as he’s 31 in March.

He has looked like too good a player to be used the way he has to me for years, I’ve always wondered why he’s not been a key player for West Ham. Using him as a utility man and off the bench seemed a waste as you could always see the pace, skill and power.

He’s found his niche up top now and he’s flourishing. Its definitely a good thing for us that he’s out.

Edited by Leo No.8
1 hour ago, Stevie said:

It’s because he always scores against us! He’s a good player to be fair. He’s big, strong, has a bit of skill and knows where the net is. He probably would have a better reputation if his previous managers hadn’t kept playing him at full back.

But we've destroyed West Ham loads recently. He's a decent player who can be excellent in certain games, but people have been s***ting themselves all week about whether he's out or not! 

Still glad he's out, of course. 

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

Haha really? f*** me, I too thought it was the usual overstating from some corners of the internet. 

41 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Klopp would be fuming that we're all doubting the team cos we're scared of Antonio 

The focus is understandable I think, he's a lightening rod for them lately thats been getting them goals and also up the pitch. They're in a kinda warm bubble at the moment, they've hit on some consecutive performances and results to get 8 points from 4 games that wasn't looking too realistic after getting nothing from Newcastle and Arsenal.

The attention on him, I think, is not so much "we're fecked" rather its "he's their big threat so what can we expect

Losing him will tell Moyes alot about his players and the recent run. If they can slot in Haller and not get beaten, it'll be a big result. If the ball gets played up to Haller and can't keep it for more than 5 seconds so Fornals and Bowen can get forward and support him then they might lose some of that optimism that they have at the moment.

No harm having him out - if Haller doesn't start well it could impact the rest of the team - maybe by increasing the percentage of short/sideways passes in their 3rd and reducing the percentage of balls to Haller that they might have otherwise backed Antonio to make something out of. I dont know, little things like that.

The match will still be similar to alot of other matches, irrespective of Antonio, Moyes is not coming to pick a fight so his team can have 50% of the ball. We'll be in areas of the pitch with the ball and Haller will be in the semi circle near the half way line whilst we're 35 yards from goal. Its up to us to unpick that 5 man back line and whats likely to be a flat 4 spread across midfield - if we click and put away chances, we will wonder what the fuss was about.

EDIT - Why have I posted this in the Transfer Thread ?!?

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald