• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cocknose said:

Only thing I care about in this window now is for Sancho to stay put.

Yup. That and signing a good 4th CB would make it perfect.

Having said that, blooding Billy K and having Fab in there may be an even better bet.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Doing Sarr this window makes zero sense unless we move out all three of Shaq, Brewster & Origi.

Yes. If Sarr comes all three are gone I reckon. Still not sure about sending Origi out, mind - I don't think Jota or Sarr can play central striker, and nothing Taki has done thus far suggests he's capable of that despite being given plenty of opportunities.

I'm still confused why we continue to play Taki central and Origi out wide - nullifying both at the same time...

At the same time, might mean an entire switch of systems if those 3 comes in and we need to play without Firmino - still three great backups to have. But I also don't imagine Jota and Sarr have come to Liverpool for 30-40m+ with the long term goal of being back ups...

Edited by _00_deathscar
3 minutes ago, _00_deathscar said:

and nothing Taki has done thus far suggests he's capable of that despite being given plenty of opportunities.

Whilst I agree he's not looked great there so far, we've hardly seen him with Mo and Sadio either side of him

14 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Whilst I agree he's not looked great there so far, we've hardly seen him with Mo and Sadio either side of him

Yes, he's playing central usually with Origi out wide at the same time - and everyone suffers for it. Same reason why I think the underrating of Origi on this forum at times is a bit bizarre, ESPECIALLY in relation to Brewster who, again, has shown very little albeit young - when he's played badly, he's usually been out wide, typically in a reserve game or coming on late for one of our other players meaning he's up there with Taki who is central, or in an unfamiliar role himself.

When Origi has played centrally, granted he still doesn't get involved in the game QUITE enough, but his scoring record there is ridiculous (Everton game last season, many others to point to as well).

• Like 1

Think the point with Divock is not that he's being underrated, it's that he's obviously not going to get the game time he needs here so needs to move on 'cos of that. Will get even less this season with Jota here