• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

Just now, charlie clown said:

It could well be the case that Klopp has now seen him develop to such a level that he knows he's going to have a really  good career but that he is not the sort of player who will fit into a Klopp team. In which case it is the right thing to do to let him go.

Klopp did kinda of allude to that when he said something along the lines of "we need to do what's best for his career".

I wanted him to stay.  I thought he could have been a better option on the bench than Origi.  Sure, Brewster doesn't drop deep and work like Firmino to bring out the best or Mane & Salah as he's much more like just a goalscorer.  But maybe that's what Plan B should be - Firmino isn't bringing those two in to the game so maybe those two should bring in Brewster?

But Jota has impacted that thought.  And I'd rather a kid go off and have a career than end up in the reseves until he's 24 and then get dumped but struggle to settle at another club because he's not used to having to actually play.

Seems a good deal with Brewster.

I’m not sure he has ‘it’ but this way we are covered in case he does. I also don’t think he’s quite the right fit for our front three setup.

Edited by Leo No.8
33 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Would that mean they are losing Zaha? 

Think Brewster would work well playing with Zaha, but not instead of. Would be a tonne of pressure on him there to do well immediately if Zaha leaves

Young Wilf Zaha will be 28 in November, he'll be looking for a final big contract before retirement, Brewster would be his replacement.

Yeah, Cam, I agree with all of that. I wanted him to stay because I wanted him to be brilliant. But on the few bits of evidence I've seen him play so far, I'm not convinced he's at the stage where he can be brilliant for us... I'd be disappointed if he left but I'd be 100% OK with it because I know it will be the best decision for him and us. Especially if there's a buy-back.

• Like 1
Just now, _00_deathscar said:

Do people on here seriously rate Brewster over Origi? I find that quite mad.

I rate his work rate and enthusiasm over Origi and also the unknown of what his ceiling is. 

I know Origis stats are very  impressive but when he was called upon last season he didn't look arsed on the pitch 

He looks like an out and out finisher to me and I’m not sure we have room for one of those in our team. Not sure he has the ability to play with his back to goal and link like Bobby does. Could be good for a team who want a poacher though.

32 minutes ago, Swipe said:

He's still been injured for enough of that time to be considered an issue. 

Sorry, in reply to Macca.

perhaps - haven't paid close enough attention but do remember he picks up enough injuries to deem him not reliable enough to play a whole season

Brewster, Lovren, Hoever - 50m give or take

Just now, _00_deathscar said:

What Barnesy and Hass said.

I know he's a legend and scored some legendary goals for us but it's ever-diminishing returns from him.  He looked spectacular about four years ago in the middle but since then (I think he was dropped for a 'still-not-fully-Bobby' Firmino in a December) he has gone backwards.  Some isn't his fault as he's been stuck on on the left.  But the whole flow grinds to a halt when he's on.

He also deserves a playing career at a Wolves, a Leverkusen or an Olympiakos even more than Brewster does.

• Like 1

I've no problem with Brewster leaving. If he goes on loan and is crap, we'll not be able to sell him for 20-25m. This way gets us money and if he's better than we think we can get him back, if he agrees to come back. He might not be too bothered about playing for us if he turns out to be really good and other big clubs want him. 

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

I rate his work rate and enthusiasm over Origi and also the unknown of what his ceiling is. 

I know Origis stats are very  impressive but when he was called upon last season he didn't look arsed on the pitch 

I think the same about last year. I think he suits a team who has less of the ball than we do also

25 minutes ago, scoose said:

I think the same about last year. I think he suits a team who has less of the ball than we do also

Agreed

I know Divock has a knack of downplaying a lot of things... His goal celebrations, bearing in mind how huge the goals are, look like he's scored in a pre season friendly. 

The injury in the Everton game a few years back really messed up his integration into the team just as he was proving to be a really good option.. He would be ideal at a lower table PL team. Someone like Fulham or even Newcastle 

2 hours ago, _00_deathscar said:

I agree at the moment. Brewster was here last season up until early Jan yet from what I recall  Klopp consistently picked Origi ahead of him for PL match day squads. If Brewster was really that talented surely he'd have moved up the pecking order ahead of (an inconsistent) Origi

And Brewster had been fit since the Barca home semi so his injury shouldn't have been an issue. 

Perhaps he will turn into a really good player but he's better off elsewhere for now but I'm trusting Klopp and his team here :D. Good deal all round me thinks