Transfer Window Speculation

I did wonder about Jota's contract. He had 2 years left and is now bordering 24 in a few months. I wonder if a contract was on the table or they'd started or whether his Agent had attracted interest.

23/24 with 2yrs on a contract is a moment for a player that wants to move up a level to really consider his future. It can force a club's hand to accept a bid that still represents value.

In that regard, Ruben Neves turns 24 next March and will then also have 2 years left - he also has another level him and would a natural point to move and still for Wolves to get value.

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Swipe said:

Yeah think it’s a smart move from Edwards. Fully expected to have to engage in the inanity of the last day of the window hoping for Thiago and another.

Massively conflicted as to whether this is a typo & you meant 'insanity'.

Or whether you actually meant 'inanity'.

Especially as both are perfectly applicable.

If it was a typo, can any other readers think of a better example of a typo that turned out to be true as well?

1 hour ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Good. It was my preferred scenario. It's an elegant word, well used.

See also banal, banality etc.

I will stop going on about it now.

canal. carnality.

And yes, this was deliberate.  Took me back to a hot summer day in the late 80's.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think if Werner had waited a couple of months we would probably have signed him. 

I think this is it, he wasn't prepared to wait, especially when Chelsea came in with a big offer and massive wages, it seems like just bad timing when it comes down to it.

8 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think if Werner had waited a couple of months we would probably have signed him. 

Agree with that. But also don’t think we were AS pushed about it as we were made out to be.

To be fair his clause did have a specific date it had to be activated by. As we’ve seen with the Messi situation that can be a legitimate concern if you really want to move.

Edited by jimmylibel