• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Maldini said:

Ollie Watkins went for £28m and has never played a game in the PL, seems cheap to me to be honest

I wasn’t giving a considered opinion on the valuation - rather an off the cuffe impression I would have upon hearing it without further thought. 

Building in context and thinking about it further - and correcting some wrong impressions I had (such as his age) - it’s better value than Watkins and also Sarrs quoted price tag, but doesn’t seem to carry any CV19 discount ie what would his value have been if there was no question marks over gate receipts and TV money etc (£50m ?) But then again, I’d never have penned Hoever at £10m now either on that basis so wonder how the “net fee” was a factor in both valuations. 

Forgetting about money and whether it seems a little high or a little low (then netting Hoever), I like it that he’s PL ready, versatile and has that speed of thought & feet in the key areas of the pitch and then try take that to the next level by playing with our squad and under Klopp

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

So the Athletic saying just £5m up front for Thiago and what was it for Jota initially, about £4.5m? Sounds like the club have managed to bring in 2 good players without too much initial outlay in a difficult time financially. Hopefully it doesn't affect next summer's Mbappe money.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, psl said:

So the Athletic saying just £5m up front for Thiago and what was it for Jota initially, about £4.5m? Sounds like the club have managed to bring in 2 good players without too much initial outlay in a difficult time financially. Hopefully it doesn't affect next summer's Mbappe money.

I wonder does edwards have access to dick pics of all the other directors of football saved on his laptop or something. 

How the f*** can you do a deal for someone as good as thiago for an up front payment of only 5 million...... 

It doesn't even seem fair does it 😆

• Like 1
3 hours ago, New York Red said:

I love how our business stays under wraps. Yeah, the Thiago thing was speculated for a while, but Jota? Left field.

He can play anywhere across the front three, can't he? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sammy & a said:

So now i've read loads of the busiest day on this thread. It's just me crying about Coutinho going with HP saying nothing was wrong and Bailo manfully believing that FSG were going to spend the money between Jan 8th and Feb 1st

Well one of us comes out from that looking pretty sexy

7 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Not sure much of those rumours are true. Sounds like he was thrown under the bus by Barcelona because they paid so much for a young kid who wasn’t an immediate success.  

Kind of feels like we've been here before doesn't it?

9 hours ago, Sion said:

45m seems like a lot for an inconsistent player who doesn't score loads and can't hold down a regular place in Wolves XI. 

But we trust Klopp hey. 

It makes the financial u-turn on Werner look a bit odd I think.

9 hours ago, Swipe said:

Jota fee is higher than I expected. 

It seems really high tbh. we must have a decent offer on the table for Origi

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

It makes the financial u-turn on Werner look a bit odd I think.

It's partly to do with the initial outlay. Which I believe is zero as we're using the Hoever money. It could also be that Jota is happy to rotate and be on the bench mostly while Werner wanted guaranteed starts. I imagine Jotas wages will also be less. 

3 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Werner literally said he'd be made up to even sit on our bench.

I've never known anyone be so blatant in screaming 'Please just sign me'.

Yeah and everything I’ve read said klopp was really keen on him. No covid and he’s with us, no doubt about it. We didn’t go cold on him we probably just panicked. Few people said klopp asked him to wait nearer the end of the window when things would be clearer but he wanted his move.

Sounds like wolves have been almost weirdly accommodating on Jota, so that’ll help. 

Do have a creeping feeling Gini will go now though. Unless we have acceptable offers for all the deadwood and a few youngsters. 

One thing I like about the Jota thing is it should be what you do when you’re top of the tree. Cherry pick from other teams. United did it all the time when they were winning, lads like Saha who came in and just did a real good job without perhaps being one of their superstars. 

2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think if Werner had waited a couple of months we would probably have signed him. 

Yeah me too. The past 24 hours suggests we’re not quite as worried about it all. 

Reckon Origi will go for around £25m, maybe get £15m for Wilson.

Can't see us shifting Grujic or Karius any time soon, so another year with their wages being subsidised is probably the best we can expect there

Don't know about Shaqiri. Wonder if his wages might be a stumbling block

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think if Werner had waited a couple of months we would probably have signed him. 

Probably,  Thiago waited and he didn't 

I don't like how he left RBL in the middle of their CL campaign either, I don't think he passes the 'sound lad' test 

• Like 3
Just now, Conrad said:

Reckon Origi will go for around £25m, maybe get £15m for Wilson.

Can't see us shifting Grujic or Karius any time soon, so another year with their wages being subsidised is probably the best we can expect there

Don't know about Shaqiri. Wonder if his wages might be a stumbling block

We'll shift Grujic fairly easily, it might just take less money than we'd have liked but think he's a fairly straightforward one to move on. Wilson, not so much, Karius probably leaves on a free if he finds a club.