• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Swipe said:

Has Sammya been here since the Thiago news broke?

WHERE ARE YER SAMMYA?! GIVE ME YER FORUM POINTS.

You deserve them for that "I have a wife and kid" post 🤣

2 hours ago, Flasher said:

Was Sarr the one that missed that really easy chance against us at home last season? 

Played well but missed a sitter 

He knew...

• Like 1

Sarr would be such a great fit for that ‘4th forward’ spot. Young, I'm sure ok with being on the bench to start with (but has some good PL experience) and from what I’ve seen a very high ceiling.

His acceleration from a standing start is incredible and we need a backup who can still offer the pace and width of Salah and Mane ideally. Clearly still raw and needs to work on his final ball, finishing and decision making but there’s tons of potential there.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Swipe said:

Has Sammya been here since the Thiago news broke?

WHERE ARE YER SAMMYA?! GIVE ME YER FORUM POINTS.

I keep waiting for Growler to quote one of Sammya's never signing Thiago posts and say 'Sammya saying things' but nothing so far.

28 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

Sarr would be such a great fit for that ‘4th forward’ spot. Young, I'm sure ok with being on the bench to start with (but has some good PL experience) and from what I’ve seen a very high ceiling.

His acceleration from a standing start is incredible and we need a backup who can still offer the pace and width of Salah and Mane ideally. Clearly still raw and needs to work on his final ball, finishing and decision making but there’s tons of potential there.

Away at AFCON with the others isn't ideal but otherwise I agree.

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

He knew...

Wish he had f***ing remembered before the game at their place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

He’s great. Like Salah and Mane, he’s not silky with his madskillz but he looks like he’s got the same relentlessness. 

8 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

Sounds exactly like Origi as he was first presented, and occasionally performs

and Origi’s goal return is still good, even amongst indifferent performances 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Molby said:

I would sign pre derby injury Origi right now as a back up. He was brilliant.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I would sign pre derby injury Origi right now as a back up. He was brilliant.

It would help if we actually played him in a similar role though. Think he started three games there last season in the league/europe and he scored three goals. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

It would help if we actually played him in a similar role though. Think he started three games there last season in the league/europe and he scored three goals. 

Yes, in reality we wouldn't want to sign someone in his position as we don't play like that

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Yes, in reality we wouldn't want to sign someone in his position as we don't play like that

Yeah. He simultaneously does my head in while I also feel sorry for him. He's sort of like a high jumper that someone has decided can do the pole vault and all that's been done differently is he's been given a pole and told to get on with it. 

1 hour ago, Molby said:

Origi wide reminds me of when we used to stick Emile Heskey out there. He’ll do a job for you but he’s just too ‘big’ to play wide for me - you negate his strength and size by sticking him out on the wing.

He has pace but more a ‘build up a head of steam’ straight line speed than burst over a few yards to beat a full back, so he tends to come back inside rather than stretch the field and we get bottled up.

I think Origi is best used as a striker. Sarr is more shifty and a dribbler of the ball, he can ghost past defenders one on one and create width, so I feel that he’s more of a like for like for Mo and Sadio.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 1