Transfer Window Speculation

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

It was widely reported at the time that united were close to signing him

Yeah I've read a few manc players reference it. Rooney etc. Taylor is still a ballbag.

4 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Saar and Traore are the options looked at but Traore ££ is sky high.

Saar is fsg and Klopp choice but still 50/50 on whether it happens. I think if Brewster and Origi go then he will come. 

Everyone impressed with his performance against us last year. 

Yeah Pearce seems to reckon we're waiting til the end for Sarr in the hope they lower their price.

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Cobs said:

So, i'll be honest here - i reckon i've only seen Thiago play 3 times (when we snotted Bayern in the CL and this year's final), so forgive me for not being that overboard about him. Was just looking at his stats and seen he's never hit double figures goals in a season in his career (which makes me wonder about the KDB comparisons) - what style/kind of player should i be expecting to see in our team?

Imagine someone went to a lab and combined Alonso, Xavi and Iniesta in style. 

19 minutes ago, Cobs said:

So, i'll be honest here - i reckon i've only seen Thiago play 3 times (when we snotted Bayern in the CL and this year's final), so forgive me for not being that overboard about him. Was just looking at his stats and seen he's never hit double figures goals in a season in his career (which makes me wonder about the KDB comparisons) - what style/kind of player should i be expecting to see in our team?

con he shut? pas only

9 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

There's a fair bit of Mascherano in him, thou, more so than Iniesta. Xabi and Xavi absolutely, but Thiago doesn't slalom past opponents like Iniesta used to do (as I remember Iniesta from his younger days at least). 

Edited by Foxtrot
1 minute ago, Tosh said:

@Romario Interesting in the video that in the first segment, Rodri is all right footed, Thiago is alternating left and right

And in the second segment, Thiago always hits Rodri without him haviong to move

Agreed. Trent has competition now for best long range passer.

18 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

so he's not KDB type and I shouldn't expect a bunch of goals from him??

15 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

In unrelated news, Looks like tv rights in China money coming back. 

f*** china and their money, we should boycott everything to do with them seeing how they are treating their muslim population, but maybe that's for another thread 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Rummenigge confirms it's all agreed -

Update, 11:48 BST: The transfer of Thiago to Liverpool is reportedly done. Bayern boss Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told BILD Live: “I can confirm that Bayern have reached a final agreement with Liverpool FC. It was Thiago’s great desire to do something new at the end of his career.”

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah I've read a few manc players reference it. Rooney etc. Taylor is still a ballbag.

Yeah Pearce seems to reckon we're waiting til the end for Sarr in the hope they lower their price.

Taylor is the absolute pits

Notts forest manc. Urgh

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, stressederic said:

No not entirely. Mane and Salah though are going to f***ing love him.

100% agree. One of them could hit 40 goals this season from his passing. Check out the through balls here and imagine Mo Mane and Bobby at the end of them. Trent and Robbo too. Frees up Fabinho to play CB if needed. 

Edited by Romario
3 minutes ago, Hassony said:

f*** china and their money, we should boycott everything to do with them seeing how they are treating their muslim population, but maybe that's for another thread 

Very true about the money and their treatment of the Muslims people in China. 

• Like 2

BBC - say it's a 4 year deal with £20m basic plus up to £5m add-ons

"The £20m will be paid over the length of Thiago's contract and the extra £5m will depend on the Reds winning the Premier League and Champions League success."

So the cost is £5m per year plus wages  (plus add-ons), not £20m upfront. Sell one vaguely promising youngster per year and we have paid his fee

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

BBC - say it's a 4 year deal with £20m basic plus up to £5m add-ons

"The £20m will be paid over the length of Thiago's contract and the extra £5m will depend on the Reds winning the Premier League and Champions League success."

So the cost is £5m per year plus wages  (plus add-ons), not £20m upfront. Sell one vaguely promising youngster per year and we have paid his fee

So £25m then.