Transfer Window Speculation

6 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Van Dijk was ultimately a really good centre back, but from Southampton. Torres was a 23 year old who'd never played Champions League football I don't think. 

This is a player who starts for the European Champions.

We had loads of players who started for the European Champions last year ;) but yeah agreed he might be our most ‘high profile’ signing. We’ve not really signed an established world class player in their prime before.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

They were sort of cast offs though weren't they? 

Torres was a pretty huge deal when we signed him. That felt like a  “eating at the top table” signing. I think he’s really the only one in recent times. 

6 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

As Phil has just asked on Twitter, is this our most high profile signing ever? Hard to think of another.

Undoubtedly, in my opinion. 

Lots of previous high profile signings from this league and promising Continental players but Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world and recognised as such from Europe to South America. 

Absolutely buzzing.

23 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

It appears my info was correct but with no sense of time. Blind luck, am telling ya. 

Never in doubt! Find out about Sarr, BNB. Him as well and that's a really good window. Can cope with no lovren replacement.

f***ing buzzing. Thiago is sublime.

1 minute ago, Clay Davis said:

Torres was a pretty huge deal when we signed him. That felt like a  “eating at the top table” signing. I think he’s really the only one in recent times. 

He was a huge deal but it was more that it was something we hadn't really done. A top young player who could potentially become one of the best players in the World.

8 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Van Dijk was ultimately a really good centre back, but from Southampton. Torres was a 23 year old who'd never played Champions League football I don't think. 

Was also a world record fee for a defender. 

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

He was a huge deal but it was more that it was something we hadn't really done. A top young player who could potentially become one of the best players in the World.

Heskey

@FabrizioRomano

Thiago was desperate to join Liverpool by weeks. During August negotiations, #LFC were ready to offer €20m. But Bayern Münich always asked for €30m and now Liverpool are gonna match the price tag. Man United just contacted his agent but never made a real bid. #LFC #MUFC

Torres was one of those guys who had loads of hype around him at 19/20 but by the time we got him it had died down and people were questioning if he had been worth the hype. There was a reason we were able to get him and other top clubs weren't in for him

Just now, Maldini said:

Torres was one of those guys who had loads of hype around him at 19/20 but by the time we got him it had died down and people were questioning if he had been worth the hype. There was a reason we were able to get him and other top clubs weren't in for him

United were in for Torres too if I remember right... but remember them getting Tevez instead when he chose us

Thiago alone makes this a good window - we don’t need wholesale change just the odd top class player adding. To me creativity and a touch of genius in midfield has been the one thing you’d have liked to add to this team over recent years and it would be hard to think of anyone better suited to do that. 

Pep is not going to be happy.

Edited by Leo No.8

So - to clarify - cos i've not been paying much attention in the press to all the potential comings & goings

did Gini sign a new deal last week ?

Is there genuine interest in someone signing Ox-C ?

The Brewster to Sheff U deal as reported - is this a sale? Loan? Sale with a buy back clause?

If Thiago is now happening for £2mm more than we originally offered why have we been pissing about for a month over this and not got it done to give JK the player he wants pre-season?

What's happened to the 'too many foreigners quota' thing ?

Has Indykalia or the FirmBL confirmed this transfer yet?

cheers in advance

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Riedle then 🙂

Was never in doubt, now go get another forward please 

1 minute ago, Cobs said:

So - to clarify - cos i've not been paying much attention in the press to all the potential comings & goings

did Gini sign a new deal last week ?

Is there genuine interest in someone signing Ox-C ?

The Brewster to Sheff U deal as reported - is this a sale? Loan? Sale with a buy back clause?

If Thiago is now happening for £2mm more than we originally offered why have we been pissing about for a month over this and not got it done to give JK the player he wants pre-season?

What's happened to the 'too many foreigners quota' thing ?

Has Indykalia or the FirmBL confirmed this transfer yet?

cheers in advance

1. No. 

2. Don't think so. 

3. No one knows. 

4. f*** knows. 

5. They'll probably just not register Karius. 

6. Yes

1 minute ago, Cobs said:

did Gini sign a new deal last week ? No

Is there genuine interest in someone signing Ox-C ? Dunno

The Brewster to Sheff U deal as reported - is this a sale? Loan? Sale with a buy back clause? Dunno 

If Thiago is now happening for £2mm more than we originally offered why have we been pissing about for a month over this and not got it done to give JK the player he wants pre-season? Price has been up to €35 previously 

What's happened to the 'too many foreigners quota' thing ? Dunno

Has Indykalia or the FirmBL confirmed this transfer yet? Yes repeatedly 

cheers in advance

36 minutes ago, Big Red Machine said:

Read that Spurs are predicting a £200m loss over next 2 years due to Covid.

Think theyre in the s***e and have to gamble. A few years without CL and with that stadium debt and they're stuck in middle table forever

:yes:

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

They were sort of cast offs though weren't they? 

Litmanen and Morientes were injury-prone and on the downslope of their careers and nobody wanted Balotelli because he was hatstand.

This is the centre midfielder from the European Champions who is also a Spanish international and at 29 should be at his peak. Amazing how attractive the European Cup, league title and a boss manager make you.

10 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

@FabrizioRomano

Thiago was desperate to join Liverpool by weeks. During August negotiations, #LFC were ready to offer €20m. But Bayern Münich always asked for €30m and now Liverpool are gonna match the price tag. Man United just contacted his agent but never made a real bid. #LFC #MUFC

No 'here we go' ? 🙁

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

Litmanen and Morientes were injury-prone and on the downslope of their careers and nobody wanted Balotelli because he was hatstand.

This is the centre midfielder from the European Champions who is also a Spanish international and at 29 should be at his peak. Amazing how attractive the European Cup, league title and a boss manager make you.

Just get the feeling that this is all klopp

32 minutes ago, McBain said:

Fascinating to see if anyone now leaves 

We're at 8 centre mids if he arrives 

seems inevitable Gini or Ox will be off then

Hendo, Fabinho, Milner, Thiago, Keita, Jones - not selling any of those are we?

Grujic - available to go to, obvs

1 minute ago, Cobs said:

seems inevitable Gini or Ox will be off then

Hendo, Fabinho, Milner, Thiago, Keita, Jones - not selling any of those are we?

Grujic - available to go to, obvs

Think Ox is the most likely along with Grujic of course

Looking more likely that Gini stays