• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

If Coutinho hadn’t played for Liverpool would anyone suggest we sign him? I don’t get what other basis there is for thinking we should get him. 

Because he played for Liverpool we know exactly how good he can be. He's also scored some very important goals in massive games for both Barca and Bayern. Flip the situation and ask why we would expect anyone to pay upwards of 30m for big Div after scoring 2 goals in the CL final cos he's done sod all else if we're honest to warrant that price tag. 

If Coutinho had done what he'd done for us for Arsenal or Spurs then I would 100% want us to sign him now if he was cheap enough. Mainly because it doesn't look like we're f***ing signing anyone else. 

10 minutes ago, Tobes Rafa said:

Because he played for Liverpool we know exactly how good he can be. He's also scored some very important goals in massive games for both Barca and Bayern. Flip the situation and ask why we would expect anyone to pay upwards of 30m for big Div after scoring 2 goals in the CL final cos he's done sod all else if we're honest to warrant that price tag. 

He didn't score twice in the final it was in the SF. 

If Coutinho hadn’t played for Liverpool would anyone suggest we sign him? I don’t get what other basis there is for thinking we should get him. 

Apart from his age, he fits perfectly into the boss player on the scrap heap who is playing well below his ceiling box that makes him perfect for us. And when you take into account that when he did play for us, he played the best football of his career under this coach and and with most of the same players as we have now, then it makes loads of sense.

If you knew Christian Eriksen was desperate to leave Inter and would sign on the cheap or on loan. Would you sign him? 

39 minutes ago, psl said:

Has anything happened to make you say that? Or is it just the absence of anything happening?

Sorry no. Just can't see it now. I think it was clearly lined up cos we thought Gini was going. 

40 minutes ago, Conrad said:

beginning to look like it. Will be a huge missed opportunity if so

He'd improve us at a stroke

Quite embarrassing really. What an opportunity to get literally one of the best. 

31 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

Apart from his age, he fits perfectly into the boss player on the scrap heap who is playing well below his ceiling box that makes him perfect for us. And when you take into account that when he did play for us, he played the best football of his career under this coach and and with most of the same players as we have now, then it makes loads of sense.

His best footy was under Rodgers.

18 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Sorry no. Just can't see it now. I think it was clearly lined up cos we thought Gini was going. 

I don't get the logic. OK they play in central midfield but they are very different types of players. It seems strange that it would be a like for like deal.

18 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I don't get the logic. OK they play in central midfield but they are very different types of players. It seems strange that it would be a like for like deal.

I think it's just money. Maybe AOC will go and that will cover enough of Thiago's fee.

3 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I agree. Think it’s all brinksmanship. 

I needed two positives to get me back in the game and this is the first.

• Like 1

Some account called Fourth Official says we've agreed a few with Sheff Utd for Brewster. The account is followed by a few big journos and, weirdly, Pitchfork.

Intriguing.

Edited by Swipe
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sion said:

If you knew Christian Eriksen was desperate to leave Inter and would sign on the cheap or on loan. Would you sign him? 

No, for exactly three same reasons. Inter and Barca aren’t as good as us, yet we’re taking players who can’t get in their teams?

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

still waiting for keita to deliver a fraction of coutinho's impact

Could say the same about Coutinho in the same time frame.

22 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Some account called Fourth Official says we've agreed a few with Sheff Utd for Brewster. The account is followed by a few big journos and, weirdly, Pitchfork.

Intriguing.

Sheffield United seems a suitably hipster choice for Pitchfork. They've probably got an 8.4 review for Chris Wilder's Overlapping Centrebacks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1