• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Alonso said:

A Belgium news outlet has said we’ve reignited our interest anderlecht’s Jeremy doku. Buy but loan back for a season

He looks really good. 

Suggestions seem to be about £10m plus. He's only 18 so a loan back makes sense 

Just now, McBain said:

He looks really good. 

Suggestions seem to be about £10m plus. He's only 18 so a loan back makes sense 

a loan back worked well for the last young Belgian striker we bought 

24 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

The reaction to a £10m signing that plays for someone else next season would be great fun.

And I'm sure you'll give us a break down of why that will be great fun. 😉😘

Only joshing mate. 

6 hours ago, Tommy Cockles said:

I've very much got that "we aren't signing anyone" vibe now. He's been threatening to come round for a while, but now he's here & I've just made him a brew. Hello again, old friend.

Still, Champions and that. Sigh.

I think we'll get Thiago

3 hours ago, Swipe said:

yeah I think not going on a blitz is fine but losing out on someone as good as Thiago for a few million would be a bit depressing with the last few seasons we've had.

Thats exactly the way I see it

1 hour ago, Lark said:

west ham also bidding 30m for that burnley defender and also want brewster.  Odd they can drum up 40m with a click of their fingers.   

This is classic West Ham. Bid an amount they know will have no chance of being accepted so it looks like they've tried. Burnley want 50mm.

34 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

The reaction to a £10m signing that plays for someone else next season would be great fun.

be fine if Thiago signs also

Even the Tsimikas signing seems weird if we don't sign Thiago because we are 10m apart on valuation

Edited by Conrad
2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Even the Tsimikas signing seems weird if we don't sign Thiago because we are 10m apart on valuation

yes and no - We 100% needed backup at left back. If Gini stays and runs down the contract Klopp probably doesnt feel light in midfield. I'd like all of them tbh 🙂

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Yup.

If Tsimikas is the stand alone signing of the summer, then yep, just weird.

7 minutes ago, scoose said:

yes and no - We 100% needed backup at left back. If Gini stays and runs down the contract Klopp probably doesnt feel light in midfield. I'd like all of them tbh 🙂

Prioritising a back-up left back who may not play more than 3 or 4 league games over one of the best midfielders in the world would be very odd. I have to assume Klopp either doesnt want Thiago or knows we can get him regardless of spending the odd £10m elsewhere - and obviously I hope its the latter, although all the club briefings suggest we have to sell to buy

Just now, Conrad said:

Prioritising a back-up left back who may not play more than 3 or 4 league games over one of the best midfielders in the world would be very odd. I have to assume Klopp either doesnt want Thiago or knows we can get him regardless of spending the odd £10m elsewhere - and obviously I hope its the latter, although all the club briefings suggest we have to sell to buy

Fair point but whenever Milner had to play left back there was a massive drop off and he even got sent off there cos he couldnt cope with pace. What is the differential between Thiago and Gini? If we keep Gini we still have a great player. I think it means Klopp is happy to keep Gini for a season if he wants to run the contract down and is gambling with the fact we can either raise funds elsewhere or if Gini goes Thiago comes in with that money

We really need a cb given only 1 is reliable fitness wise and koumetio and van den berg probably aren’t ready yet to be relied upon for a run of games. Then a better option than origi for the front 3 is needed. Thiago if he comes seems to be a like for like with gini. 

• Like 1
On 30/07/2020 at 12:31, Gethin said:

Left back is our top priority for this season, more important than Thiago, Werner, Mbappe or anyone else for that matter :)

12 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I'm pretty confident no-one said it.

Something we should do along with other signings, yes. Top priority, no.

mmmmm

• Like 2
  • Haha 15