Transfer Window Speculation

2 minutes ago, Flasher said:

True. 

But think a lot of people are forgetting we signed Minamino already 

True  though hasn't looked up to the required level yet in my opinion.( I don't trust pre season as a good indicator) 

Maybe he will come good given he has now had time to bed in re our systems and physical conditioning etc.  Time will  tell. 

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

'Sit on the bench' probably isn't quite the right wording but he wouldn't be coming in to start from day one and there was zero chance he'd have started 37 games this season if we're being honest. 

True I was just using the 37 to show there's lots of game time. Our front 3 have been incredibly robust over last 3 seasons in PL. They've started almost every PL game minus a total of 15 (Excluding Bobby 3 seasons back) , So full credit to them and the back room conditioning team. 

I'd just be very surprised if they have that 'run' in to a fourth season. 

15 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Probably means Gini will stay for another year

The echo are rubbish though,  they have no clue 

I'm going to unfollow all the Echo twitter accounts once this window is done. They're appalling. Let's seem them recover from it when I remove my support.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, mick said:

True  though hasn't looked up to the required level yet in my opinion.( I don't trust pre season as a good indicator) 

Maybe he will come good given he has now had time to bed in re our systems and physical conditioning etc.  Time will  tell. 

He's looked a bit lightweight hasn't he. Will take time to adjust. 

Re Gini, will be gutted if he goes, even though I want Thiago. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I'm going to unfollow all the Echo twitter accounts once this window is done. They're appalling. Let's seem them recover from it when I remove my support.

More importantly,  are you going to stop connecting with them on LinkedIn? 

4 minutes ago, Hassony said:

More importantly,  are you going to stop connecting with them on LinkedIn? 

I need to keep my finger in this freshly-baked ITK pie that I've suddenly found myself being served. It's still warm, Hass, so I can't be too hasty. 

• Like 1
On 08/09/2020 at 10:32, cymrococh said:

From what I remember that Swiss Ramble thread predicts a £10m loss this season, when we've got a £275m cushion for FFP purposes.

I meant lost revenue compared to what we would have had without Covid. He puts that at £35m for the last season and £100m for the coming season if there are no fans in the ground, that figure could increase dramatically if the CL can't be fulfilled and he's not including any potential rebate for Sky for next season for games being behind closed doors or postponed. I wouldn't be surprised if we've had to rebate some of our various partners in the same way as we did with Sky as well.  

Bild apparently reckon Bayern have given Thiago a few more days off to sort his future out.

Supposedly the article again said he's agreed personal terms with us and the pressure is now on Bayern to lower their price as other teams have stepped aside due to his desire to move to Anfield Road Stadium.

17 minutes ago, Maldini said:

I meant lost revenue compared to what we would have had without Covid. He puts that at £35m for the last season and £100m for the coming season if there are no fans in the ground, that figure could increase dramatically if the CL can't be fulfilled and he's not including any potential rebate for Sky for next season for games being behind closed doors or postponed. I wouldn't be surprised if we've had to rebate some of our various partners in the same way as we did with Sky as well.  

Yeah sorry, I realised what you meant when I read the post back.

10 minutes ago, Redwire said:

They didn't have exclusive rights though.

not completely but their 'packages' are deemed worth less as there are more games on/available through different media now all games are live

3 minutes ago, Cobs said:

not completely but their 'packages' are deemed worth less as there are more games on/available through different media now all games are live

Once you put a game on at 3pm like there is on Saturday, someone who does to watch that would be statistically less likely to watch the 12.30 or the 5.30 is the best way I’d put it.

5 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I reckon we get him next summer if it doesn't happen, but United are gonna just end up paying the 120m in the last week of the window aren't they. 

Indykailla reckons it was on pre covid with Salah to madrid for £130m

11 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Indykailla reckons it was on pre covid with Salah to madrid for £130m

That man knows his onions.

I do think this might be the last season for the front three. Based on nowt of course. 

46 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I reckon we get him next summer if it doesn't happen, but United are gonna just end up paying the 120m in the last week of the window aren't they. 

We’d be outbid on his wages regardless 

Klopp on transfers: "Chelsea signed a lot of players. That can be an advantage, of course, but that mean they have to fit together pretty quickly as well. It's not only about bringing quality in, you cannot bring in the 11 best players in the world and just hope a week later they play the best football they ever will play. It's about working together on the training ground. That will probably be an advantage for us because we've worked quite a while with each other."

• Like 1