By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

12 minutes ago, Swipe said:

No Thiago then. Class. 

Maybe if we win a few more titles we can buy him. 

No way I am throwing away that hope but I can understand why you might look at it like that. 

I want to be hopeful. We could do with the numbers in there given Oxlade's injury, Milner wont ever get a long term run of games in there and Henderson could do with managing his games a bit. 

We have Fabinho Henderson Wijnaldum and Keita all able to hold down a long term spot. Keeping Wijnaldum is nothing but positive. But want I to think we can add Thiago without issue to that mix. Perhaps maybe with selling Gruijic/Wilson who are not on the radar for 1st team football.

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Don’t think it’s a coincidence someone joined some dots after this.

I know there was chat yesterday about Gini wanting to stay. My initial instinct when I heard that was to be really pleased. He's a massive part of the team and there's no question that his departure would leave a hole. What that means for incomings is something else of course. Maybe we will buy Thiago anyway? That would be nice.

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Heard some ITK that he wasn’t happy that he’d never had a single contract discussion since he signed while pretty much everyone else signed one. Means precisely nothing though really. 

I thought he just fancied a new challenge having won everything, somewhere sunny and with a more advanced role. I have of course assumed all of this on the basis of f*** all.

Nowt to do with Gini really. The fact the champions are seemingly only able to get in a world class player for a knockdown €30m if we sell a first teamer is mind blowing. I mean, almost everyone else has already said this but good grief. 

Hopefully this moan will look stupid in a few weeks time.

• Like 1