By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

5 minutes ago, growler said:

I can see grujic and Wilson as big exits. I still think someone will take a punt on Shaq and potentially origi. There’s also a bunch of fringe players in early 20’s who we want to move on (like Nat Phillips).

i just think it will all happen late in the window this year. And if Sarr is still available then, we nab him.

How are we valuing big exits here? I don’t see why either of those players would go for more than Origi. 

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

How are we valuing big exits here? I don’t see why either of those players would go for more than Origi. 

Demand seems to be higher for Wilson and both their wages are probably a lot lower than origi would expect.

big is an exit generating more than 10mil in my opinion. 

Edited by growler

14 minutes ago, growler said:

Demand seems to be higher for Wilson and both their wages are probably a lot lower than origi would expect.

I think one of the real issues with shifting these players is that barely anyone is buying anything other than people who’ll improve their eleven and how likely are we having it that any of these players we want to shift are a huge improvement on what teams have? Fulham’s centre forward is better than Origi and they came 4th in the Championship. 

Wolves are doing some mad Mendes stuff, and Sheffield United have stretched out their squad, but everyone seems to be cutting the ‘improve your squad’ corner and focusing on their elevens. 

Not many players there who you wouldn’t expect to be first choice players.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

13 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think one of the real issues with shifting these players is that barely anyone is buying anything other than people who’ll improve their eleven and how likely are we having it that any of these players we want to shift are a huge improvement on what teams have? Fulham’s centre forward is better than Origi and they came 4th in the Championship. 

Wolves are doing some mad Mendes stuff, and Sheffield United have stretched out their squad, but everyone seems to be cutting the ‘improve your squad’ corner and focusing on their elevens. 

Not many players there who you wouldn’t expect to be first choice players.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

That’s a fair point - I just think lots of the mid table, lower table teams will feel the reality of 3 games a week come start of season and realise they need more legs and we’ll get someone that will be pay 17-18 for Wilson for example or 25 for a proven striker (origi). 

8 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

I almost feel like it’s a bit for show and that there’s a PR angle of ‘look we told you it was going to be hard and we’ve got this fella in and it wasn’t easy and it was difficult to make the numbers work but f***ing hell he’s brilliant will you all shut up now?’

If so then it is a other PR miscalculation by them given most people it is just making them look like mingebags. 

9 hours ago, growler said:

We are not going to sell Grujic for more than £10m. It will be another loan.

Wilson will go I think on the last day of the window to someone like bournemouth or west brom

Origi will stay because we won't get our asking price.

If Brewster goes for £20m we may get Sarr, but unlikely

there might be some panic buying around the transfer deadline that will enable us to sell some players.

However, if the Covid situation continues to get worse and it looks less likely there will be fans in stadiums this season then very few clubs will be looking to buy.

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

If so then it is a other PR miscalculation by them given most people it is just making them look like mingebags. 

I'd have thought getting him in as early as possible for Jurgen to integrate him into the team was the number 1 priority

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

We are not going to sell Grujic for more than £10m. It will be another loan.

Wilson will go I think on the last day of the window to someone like bournemouth or west brom

Origi will stay because we won't get our asking price.

If Brewster goes for £20m we may get Sarr, but unlikely

There is a 0% chance Bournemouth are buying Wilson surely?

Edited by Hightown Phil

9 hours ago, growler said:

That’s a fair point - I just think lots of the mid table, lower table teams will feel the reality of 3 games a week come start of season and realise they need more legs and we’ll get someone that will be pay 17-18 for Wilson for example or 25 for a proven striker (origi). 

I'm kind of hoping that one of the top teams will feel the reality of 3 games a week and figure out that Mane, Salah and Firmino will need some backup

59 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Just feels like we are letting everyone play catch up when we could really build on what we have 

Feel we are playing a very dangerous and somewhat naive game.  

top 4 is the financial cash cow and we have 2 competitors (city and chelsea) who don't rely on traditional sources of revenue.  Newcastle might become the 3rd club that don't have to worry about debt - the saudi's will just set up a shell company who don't trade anything but can fund newcastle to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds. 

Leaving man united who spend 100m net every summer, ourselves, and all other clubs who are outspending us for a final top 4 place.

I think fsg's hope is that teams like everton with an existing 110m debt, plus stadium build debt, plus covid will hamstring their finances for years to come while we play safe and come out smelling of roses.

All i can see is that the premier league/banks wont allow 15/16 clubs to go belly up and arrange for debt to be frozen/refinanced until covid/fans are allowed back whether thats a year or 5 years. 

We might have a late flurry in the transfer market but the bigger concern is 3/4 top teams look set and i'm not sure sell to buy will help keep us dining at the top table for much longer.