By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

6 hours ago, Maldini said:

Yeah and they've spent almost as much on mid-level lads who've been s***e or barely got a kick for them over the last 5 years, I think Semedo and Umtiti are the only ones signed before last season who are still there and they're letting Umtiti leave on a free

15/16 - £45m on Turan and Aleix Vidal

16/17 - £110m on Cillessen, Digne, Umtiti, Alcacer and Andre Gomes

17/18 - £90m on Paulinho, Semedo, Deulefeo, Mina

18/19 - £65m on Malcom and Arthur

19/20 - £66m on Neto, Braithwaite, Junior Firpo and Emerson

Who are those fellas?

I’m pretty f***ed off right now. 2nd season with no investment. Just sending the lads back out there to try and set a third club record in a row in the face of those closest to us putting their foot to the pedal. 

How do you just keep demanding that from humans without thinking you are going to break them. Hiding behind one man’s genius and grace.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I’m pretty f***ed off right now. 2nd season with no investment. Just sending the lads back out there to try and set a third club record in a row in the face of those closest to us putting their foot to the pedal. 

How do you just keep demanding that from humans without thinking you are going to break them. Hiding behind one man’s genius and grace.

Just a month of the window left 

6 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I don’t think anything significant will happen.

Nope, we aren't bringing anyone else in, certainly not without losing a lad who has only missed 11 league games since he has been here. And the one lad we have brought in now has f***ing Corona.

19 minutes ago, McBain said:

If we sell Wilson, Grujic, Karius and Shaqiri they might let Klopp buy one forward provided he asks nicely 

They're pretty obviously struggling to get the valuation they've put on these players. 

Like I can believe clubs are bidding 10-15m for Wilson but we're holding out for atleast 20m

Apparently we've ruled out loaning him again. And he's not good enough for the team. So I guess there's an impasse. 

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

It's not just about Thiago either. We're in desperate need of investment in defence and attack - moreso than midfield. I'm a bit concerned about relying on the current front three again for next season. They haven't been flying as a collective for a long time.

And you just know we'll suffer with more injuries this season to the front three, it has too. We've been extremely lucky to have dodged that bullet recently.

Bored of saying it, as bored a Hightown is as quoting Covid as a reason, you need to refresh from a position of strength, one or two quality players a year.

26 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Yeah. s*** as Lovren was he still saw plenty of games last season and so we look thin at centre half and forward

Yup and moving Fabinho there as cover reduces the quality in midfield where he is brilliant 

I just can't fathom why on earth we haven't used our position of strength to bring in quality... Instead we are looking at money for Wilson and Grujic in order to afford a £30m world class player 

Just now, Swipe said:

£13.5m they took, as well. Thought they wanted £20m.

FFS! He’s the one I actually wanted.

BTW you should unquote me. If either dies then my post is going to be the worst taste this forum has produced. It’s too late for me but you can save yourself Swipe.

• Like 1