Transfer Window Speculation

3 hours ago, jimmylibel said:

Especially when we were previously suggesting we’d keep him and let his contract run down unless we got a ‘substantial’ offer.

I really want us to sign Thiago but I think selling Gini is a mistake. I think he’s our most consistent, yet underrated midfielder. The work he does and the role he plays in our transitions don’t get anywhere near enough appreciation.

He's the highest rated most appreciated under appreciated underrated player we've ever had.

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Red2Core said:

According to Spanish publication Sport, Georginio Wijnaldum has agreed terms on a three-year deal with Barcelona, who are said to be negotiating a fee with the Reds.

The article says Barca will pay no more than 20m euros 

Seems like a decent fee though I would expect we'll want more. But this feels like it may get done now that Rakitic and Van De Beek have both moved

• Like 1

On reflection the chances of Gini being sold are very high. If the club is to be sustainable it does exactly what Bayern are doing with Thiago - you sign an extension or go for a fee. It's clear that every penny counts given the pandemic. I doubt we want to give two 29 year old midfielders their last pay day and for whatever reason have decided to not give that type of contract to Gini. Its a calculated decision though given that he knows exactly how to play in our team. I'd prefer he stays and we sign thiago, but simply don't believe the club will allow it. 

5 hours ago, jimmylibel said:

Especially when we were previously suggesting we’d keep him and let his contract run down unless we got a ‘substantial’ offer.

I really want us to sign Thiago but I think selling Gini is a mistake. I think he’s our most consistent, yet underrated midfielder. The work he does and the role he plays in our transitions don’t get anywhere near enough appreciation.

Absolutely Jimmy

He is also rarely injured.

• Like 1

At some point the team has to evolve though. I think this is the last season of Salah/Mane/Firmino so that’ll need changed too. 

Gini has been a brilliant but if he wants a move or to see out his contract then, as fine as that is, it’s also fine for the club to push him for a move. 

Thiago is much better too. There’s no denying it. A different kind of player obviously but someone who can take the midfield up a level. Intrigued to see how Klopp would set us up if he got him. 

Edited by Swipe
Just now, Swipe said:

At some point the team has to evolve though. I think this is the last season of Salah/Mane/Firmino so that’ll need changed too. 

Gini has been a brilliant but if he wants a move or to see out his contract then, as fine as that is, it’s also fine for the club to push him for a move. 

Thiago is much better too. There’s no denying it. Intrigued to see how Klopp would set us up if he got him. 

That's all it is I think. Gini fancies a change and we want to use the money to buy Thiago. Hopefully everyone is a winner.

Barca are currently s***e but it’s still a massive draw. He can leave with a European cup and premier league medal and have a few years somewhere new and sunnier before heading back to the Netherlands. I get it. 

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Barca are currently s***e but it’s still a massive draw. He can leave with a European cup and premier league medal and have a few years somewhere new and sunnier before heading back to the Netherlands. I get it. 

Absolutely. Probably a more attacking role too.

I wouldn't be so understanding of Mane though. Sorry Sadio mate.

Yeah having to sell before we can buy someone for 30m after winning the European cup and PL in consecutive seasons is quite incredible.

Gini stuff seems to be coming from this lad, who’s followed by Paul Joyce so presume he’s not a fraud. 

Edited by Swipe
23 minutes ago, kop205 said:

The fact there is seemingly as much or more noise about a first XI player leaving as there is about anyone coming is absolutely mad, really.

It was always going to be sell before we buy though. It's the FSG way. 

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Also the chance Wijnaldum is able to play like he does for Holland under Koeman than he does here which is very different. Probably more enjoyable for him too.

You've got to think there will be some movement on Harry Wilson, Shaqiri, Grujic, and Karius in the next week or two. If we can't sell then they'll be loaned to protect their value.

They're not going to get any gametime and Klopp won't them hanging around 

Edited by Sion
11 minutes ago, Sion said:

You've got to think there will be some movement on Harry Wilson, Shaqiri, Grujic, and Karius in the next week or two. If we can't sell then they'll be loaned to protect their value.

They're not going to get any gametime and Klopp won't them hanging around 

Grujic is going for the world record of loans by a single club