By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

1 hour ago, Dan said:

If he wants to go then fair enough. I expect he does.

weird though since he's just won the 2 biggest prizes there are. Maybe as a non-Englishman he sees the Spanish league as a bigger prize than the English, maybe it's a payday, maybe he wants a role Klopp can't give him

who knows. Seems weird but everyone has their reasons

talk of Suarez to Juve

7 hours ago, Swipe said:

Barca are currently s***e but it’s still a massive draw. He can leave with a European cup and premier league medal and have a few years somewhere new and sunnier before heading back to the Netherlands. I get it. 

Yeah, I'd be very happy to transfer to Barcelona and work there for a while - great city.

:)

Just now, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

weird though since he's just won the 2 biggest prizes there are. Maybe as a non-Englishman he sees the Spanish league as a bigger prize than the English, maybe it's a payday, maybe he wants a role Klopp can't give him

talk of Suarez to Juve

I really thought he'd hold out for a free. Must really want to play for Koeman, which is sort of understandable seeing how he knows him from the national set up. 

I couldn't see him ever signing another deal here, he already doesn't get enough game time for his own liking and he's now the wrong side of 30. 

1 minute ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

talk of Suarez to Juve

Lots of history with dutch players going to Barca, i guess. As a kid he probably dreamed of playing for them, same as lads in Senegal and Crumlin do about us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Barcelona seems to hold a special attraction for Dutch players that goes back to Cruyff.  

Going to Barcelona to play for a manager who has brought out your best performances.

It may not be winning the premiership and CL, but it's a pretty nice last step of a career before it goes downwards. I don't begrudge him it. Who knows if they would still be interested, or koeman be there, a year from now.

9 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

I really thought he'd hold out for a free. Must really want to play for Koeman, which is sort of understandable seeing how he knows him from the national set up. 

I couldn't see him ever signing another deal here, he already doesn't get enough game time for his own liking and he's now the wrong side of 30. 

He's 29

23 minutes ago, Kid Klopp said:

Going to Barcelona to play for a manager who has brought out your best performances.

It may not be winning the premiership and CL, but it's a pretty nice last step of a career before it goes downwards. I don't begrudge him it. Who knows if they would still be interested, or koeman be there, a year from now.

Yeah they’re s***e right now but there’s nowt weird about someone wanting to go to Barca. 

24 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Being linked with Patson Daka from Salzburg.

Saw that on twitter but couldn’t find out where it was coming from. Just lots of insane lfc twitter dweebs on about it.