Transfer Window Speculation

What type of player was lewandowski when klopp developed him at dortmund? In all the chat about brewster and how he's not Bobby, are we potentially guilty of thinking we can only play one way? 

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scoose said:

Why? We enjoy it cos we havent lost it for ages but its not a massive game anymore

The Origi goal in 2018 was one of the greatest moments in human history.

If they were making Forrest Gump now they'd have him on the front row of the Kop, distracting Pickford with some homespun wisdom.

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, sangria said:

Did we get rid of Case or did he choose to go? He had a decent career after he left us at a relatively young age.

Bloody hell. Thought I was being packed off to Rawk there for a minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
22 hours ago, Tommok said:

The constant dismissal of Origi, particularly in the context of giving Brewster a run is a bit weird.

I mean yeah there's obviously a drop off from the first choice front 3 and Origi and I get that sometimes when he comes on he looks somewhat out of sync with the team but he does have a habit of scoring goals and some really big ones too.

I've seen quite a few people criticise Brewster for not getting involved in games enough and not doing much else other than scoring - "but he does score goals" - isn't that what Origi has done, and on the biggest stages?

It would help if we stopped playing him and Minamino at the same time, with Origi as wide forward and Minamino central, and just stuck him (Origi) central. Imagine how the Barca game goes if we stick him wide.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mick said:

He scored 10 in 20 in the championship - not exactly setting the world alight but decent. Way to early to suggest he can do it at top level. 

Seen Origi's numbers?

23 hours ago, Hassony said:

It wasn't Dortmund

Suarez or Higuain on a free for a season 

I'm on board for Suarez. Higuain is utter trash. I'd rather keep Origi.

3 hours ago, kop205 said:

The Origi goal in 2018 was one of the greatest moments in human history.

If they were making Forrest Gump now they'd have him on the front row of the Kop, distracting Pickford with some homespun wisdom.

Of course it was. My point in the first place was he did pretty much next to nothing for a whole season. 

4 hours ago, psl said:

Of course it is.

I honestly dont feel like it is now. Everton need to be more competitive in general and they just arent

19 minutes ago, scoose said:

Of course it was. My point in the first place was he did pretty much next to nothing for a whole season. 

I honestly dont feel like it is now. Everton need to be more competitive in general and they just arent

Beating them is never going to be anything other than great fun

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Cobs - we have loads of buckets at the club. The Coutinho money went into one bucket. That's untouched. We used the Robbie Keane money for Keita

Linda keeps all the money in jam jars in the kitchen cupboard. Labels on saying gas, electric, sofa, telly man, Keane, Coutinho... 

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Beating them is never going to be anything other than great fun

hahaha - I honestly don't disagree but this started with someone saying Origi scores important goals. I said he hasn't for a season and someone said he scored in the derby. That's when I said I don't think the derby is an important game anymore. 

That said I was at the game where we beat them with the kids and it was f***ing brilliant  😁

3 hours ago, _00_deathscar said:

Seen Origi's numbers?

I'm on board for Suarez. Higuain is utter trash. I'd rather keep Origi.

I heard on TAW that Origi has the best goals to minutes at the club. He's great at scoring, just not brilliant at our style of play. 

On 27/08/2020 at 12:32, takanohana said:

Be great to get Thiago. But something about spending £30m on a 29-year old, us apparently being v cautious this year with spending, the FSG model, and a number of our big players approaching 30, doesn't entirely add up for me. 

I conclude (dubiously) we have looser purse strings than we're letting on, and have some exciting young blood lined up too.

So if we're not willing to extend Ginis contract as he's 29 why spend 30 million on another 29 year old who'll also want an extended contract.

36 minutes ago, Romario said:

So if we're not willing to extend Ginis contract as he's 29 why spend 30 million on another 29 year old who'll also want an extended contract.

Haven't seen loads of Thiago but seems he would offer something different going forward. Can be said our midfield is lacking a bit if creativity.

1 hour ago, Romario said:

I heard on TAW that Origi has the best goals to minutes at the club. He's great at scoring, just not brilliant at our style of play. 

Yea I meant my post in a "he's got great numbers, and at top level" kind of way. Think he went 17 or 27 games or something without scoring too towards the end of last season - obviously a lot were sub appearances with limited minutes. But he has a knack for finding goals. We just need to stop playing him as a wide left and expecting him to be Mane, and expecting Minamino to be a Firmino replica, and especially playing those two together in that exact formation. Origi doesn't really gel with our team in the centre either, but at least he gets goals there. Stick him up top centrally and he'll get you a goal or two, usually crucial ones too.

6 minutes ago, Sion said:

Midfield was s*** today

We've got one of the best midfielders in the world desperate to come. 

What are you waiting for FSG you bad mingebags

Up there with de Bruyne for best CM, he is that good.

5 minutes ago, Sion said:

Midfield was s*** today

We've got one of the best midfielders in the world desperate to come. 

What are you waiting for FSG you bad mingebags

Yep, you look at that team and bench and think "you know what it needed? Thiago." 

Then you think a bit more and say "and Werner."

I've been against Coutinho coming back but he would have helped massively today.

7 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yep, you look at that team and bench and think "you know what it needed? Thiago." 

I've been against Coutinho coming back but he would have helped massively today.

Absolutely 

45 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Same... With it being Koeman I can see there being legs to it. 

If he goes then we buy Sancho... No f***ing about. 

Can see that all being lined for next summer - Mane for sancho that is.

47 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Same... With it being Koeman I can see there being legs to it. 

If he goes then we buy Sancho... No f***ing about. 

Yeah but these Mané to Barcelona rumours all seem to have originated from TuttoMercatoWeb - who make The Firm look like actual insiders. I can see us trying to move at least 1 of the front 3 on next season as it’s clear we have to sell to buy and the front 3 aren’t getting any younger. We just need Sancho to stay put for another season.

6 hours ago, Cam said:

Was thinking the same re Thiago and Werner whilst watching the match.

You are right about Coutinho as well. 

• Like 1