Transfer Window Speculation

1 hour ago, Nate. said:

If we're happy to loan Brewster again he's never playing for us long term. MIght as well sell.

This is true.

A lot of the scores in our games last season were closer than our pure superiority suggested.  We need a goal scorer on the bench and although Origi has scored some important & late goals we know from the rest of his time here he isn't going to get us 10 or 12 over the season.  I think Brewster will.

He may not be an ideal replacement for Firmino (but that is meant to be Minamino anyway) and our style would have to change slightly but when we need different, he is different.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, takanohana said:

Be great to get Thiago. But something about spending £30m on a 29-year old, us apparently being v cautious this year with spending, the FSG model, and a number of our big players approaching 30, doesn't entirely add up for me. 

How about £26M? And he's one of the best on the planet, and happens to be a CL-winning captain?

How much would you want for Wijnaldum if we sold him tomorrow?

I kind of agree with you in that it's not our normal play, but i think he nudges into "too good to turn down" territory.

40 minutes ago, Hassony said:

It's like someone saying that buying a BMW is better than a Ferrari

Sure a Ferrari will get you more attention,  but a BMW will be more useful when picking us your shopping from costco or dropping the kids to school 

if picking up the shopping is goals and dropping the kids to school assists then messi is the bmw and thiago the ferrari

Chelsea have just signed another player... Malang Sarr.. 21 year old defender. 

They are making so many signings you wonder whether Lampard is the right man to make them all work well together 

Though looks like he is going to be loaned out 

Edited by Barnesy_10
40 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I was going to say this yesterday, everyone banging on about signing Messi, our most likely involvement in the transfer will be supplying his replacement.

I don't see how it happens unless they get a massive fee for Messi because they've got serious financial issues. But how would they get a massive fee for Messi? 

But even so you'd like to think we wouldn't entertain bids of below 150 for Mane. 

So in theory you can swap him for Sancho and Sarr. Mane is 29 next season so you probably have to consider that seriously as it sets us up for another 5-10 years. 

Edited by Sion
1 hour ago, honourablegeorge said:

How about £26M? And he's one of the best on the planet, and happens to be a CL-winning captain?

How much would you want for Wijnaldum if we sold him tomorrow?

I kind of agree with you in that it's not our normal play, but i think he nudges into "too good to turn down" territory.

Yeh it wasn't to say we shouldn't sign him. More about using some flimsy logic to deduce we must have a hat full of cash.

I’ve really got on board the Thiago bus after watching more of him. He’s pretty much bringing the only thing we are missing, a top class creative and technical player in midfield. At the same time he can do all the other stuff Klopp wants in terms of pressing etc.. 

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Read loads of United players banging on about Thiago over the years. Nearly signed him from Barca didn’t they. 

Moyes preferred Fellaini apparently.

Edited by Dan
1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Read loads of United players banging on about Thiago over the years. Nearly signed him from Barca didn’t they. 

They spent ages trying to negotiate a fee down and then Bayern just plonked the asking price down and he went there. They got Fellaini instead. 

Having thought about it for 5 minutes I hope Mane goes to Barca and we get Sancho purely to see the Redcafe meltdown. 

7 minutes ago, Sion said:

They spent ages trying to negotiate a fee down and then Bayern just plonked the asking price down and he went there. They got Fellaini instead. 

Having thought about it for 5 minutes I hope Mane goes to Barca and we get Sancho purely to see the Redcafe meltdown. 

That would mean City getting Messi though.

2 hours ago, Red2Core said:

Hope he stays but if he don't 200 mill please 

Plus Messi 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Mane is probably the last player of our current squad that I would want to see leave

Alisson,  VVD and TAA I'd say