Transfer Window Speculation

8 hours ago, cymrococh said:

I agree with what you're saying, but what if Thiago lets us do something even better?

No. I’ll go so far as to say that with Thiago in the team we won’t win what we won with Gini last season. That’s the real quiz.

4 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

The Midlands. I changed all radio channels, blocked tv channels and blocked websites including all social media. Car radio firmly off. I’m also working from home as someone in the house is still shielding. 

The odd year here and there I’ll do it from the last day of the season to next opening day. Last time was the summer we first went for Keita and I expected we’d have got him but sadly not. 

I planned to turn on the TV at the end of the Champions League final to see who had won, hoping it wouldn’t be City. In the end I asked my Mrs to confirm the Champions League date for me and she gave such a wry smile as to make me think City had made the Final. Couldn’t keep it together and demanded she tell me. By then the horse had bolted and I went through 70 pages of the transfer thread. Poor Jamal. 

Post of the summer

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Stupid money but means nothing to them atm and he's miles better than Alonso. 

Used to live with a lad who has a Leicester ST and one thing he isn’t is a fan of Chilwell. Always surprised me but watches him more than me. Another player going for big money who wouldn’t get in our team though.

3 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Used to live with a lad who has a Leicester ST and one thing he isn’t is a fan of Chilwell. Always surprised me but watches him more than me. Another player going for big money who wouldn’t get in our team though.

He's defo a few levels below Robertson. Always look good enough when I see him, but yeah, it's not that much. He's Maldini compared to Alonso though.

34 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Stupid money but means nothing to them atm and he's miles better than Alonso. 

Is he? Didn't they win the league not long ago with Alonso being one of their best players 

1 minute ago, _00_deathscar said:

Alonso in a back 4 is absolutely awful (he's fine as a wingback). And they seem to want to play a back 4.

Leicester played with a back three plenty of times last season as well didn't they

4 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Is he? Didn't they win the league not long ago with Alonso being one of their best players 

Three years ago now, and as said above, different system. The fans seem to hate him now. He's been appalling for a while.

He can't defend, IMO. The odd amazing free-kick did wonders for his perception.

Edited by Swipe
3 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Three years ago now, and as said above, different system. The fans seem to hate him now. He's been appalling for a while.

He can't defend, IMO. The odd amazing free-kick did wonders for his perception.

Yeah, don't particularly rate him

Just think with Chelsea it's definitely more a case of lampard not being able to organise his defence rather than the players

Thiago Silva might help with organising them though

30 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Chilwell looks good to me. Looks like he fits in well with Madison and Vardy though if you know what I mean.

17 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Yeah, don't particularly rate him

Just think with Chelsea it's definitely more a case of lampard not being able to organise his defence rather than the players

Thiago Silva might help with organising them though

Their problem is more organisation in the transition though as opposed to low block defending.

At the same time though, I don’t really know what that previous sentence actually means. I just said some things so I could join in.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Chilwell looks good to me. Looks like he fits in well with Madison and Vardy though if you know what I mean.

Their problem is more organisation in the transition though as opposed to low block defending.

At the same time though, I don’t really know what that previous sentence actually means. I just said some things so I could join in.

Alright Brendan lad

32 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Haha

Thought that was an un-sammya comment  

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think he's a good athlete with very little end product going forward. If they sort that out they will have a good player. 

12 hours ago, sammy & a said:

No. I’ll go so far as to say that with Thiago in the team we won’t win what we won with Gini last season. That’s the real quiz.

Post of the summer

We wouldn't win the title with Thiago in the side? 

9 hours ago, growler said:

Why hasn’t Gini had a new contract before now? Even to give him a raise. 

We've been reported as trying to tie him down for about the last 2 years.