Transfer Window Speculation

I count Henderson, Gini, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Ox and Jones

Of these I see Keita and Jones as offering Jurgen something to save Mane's legs and Ox to help Salah. Fabinho can support the defence. If Henderson and Gini both had a couple of weeks out at the same time that group of 7 would look very light. Milner ain't getting younger, and Jones needs this season to cement his role as a rotational starter for the following season. 

Sell Grujic, Wilson, Shaq; Lallana is gone - bring in Thiago, give Jones more of a role

Squad: Keepers (3) Ali, Adrian, Kelleher

Defence (8) TAA, Neco, VVD, Gomez, Matip, (____), Robertson, Kostas

Midfield (8): Henderson, Gini, Fab, Milner, Thiago, Keita, Ox, Jones

Attack (6): Mane, Bobby, Salah, Minamino, Origi/Brewster/Elliott*

*2 from this 3 though buying one more (for example, Sarr) and having Elliott and Brewster as academy lads that can be added to the squad also makes sense

all players in bold are homegrown (we have 9 before we worry about the attack) 

• Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

Jones, Henderson, Gini, Fabinho, Minamino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Keita.

That's eight without Shaquiri, Grujic, Elliott, Wilson.  Even Ben Woodburn ;)

Numbers-wise, we have plenty.  Thiago would allow flex at centre back and add a bit of class, but he's not a must-have.

Edited by Case
1 minute ago, Chewie said:

I count Henderson, Gini, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Ox and Jones

Of these I see Keita and Jones as offering Jurgen something to save Mane's legs and Ox to help Salah. Fabinho can support the defence. If Henderson and Gini both had a couple of weeks out at the same time that group of 7 would look very light. Milner ain't getting younger, and Jones needs this season to cement his role as a rotational starter for the following season. 

Sell Grujic, Wilson, Shaq; Lallana is gone - bring in Thiago, give Jones more of a role

Squad: Keepers (3) Ali, Adrian, Kelleher

Defence (8) TAA, Neco, VVD, Gomez, Matip, (____), Robertson, Kostas

Midfield (8): Henderson, Gini, Fab, Milner, Thiago, Keita, Ox, Jones

Attack (6): Mane, Bobby, Salah, Minamino, Origi/Brewster/Elliott*

*2 from this 3 though buying one more (for example, Sarr) and having Elliott and Brewster as academy lads that can be added to the squad also makes sense

all players in bold are homegrown (we have 9 before we worry about the attack) 

Robertson isn't home grown. 

Thiago would be easily better than Milner, Ox and Keïta though wouldn't he. 

So if he wants to come and the manager wants him, and he's cheapish, then surely you get him regardless of how many CMs you have. 

8 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Indeed. If we have 6 midfielders out injured, I'm sure he'd just be completely ignored and wouldn't be involved. 

given he'd be on loan in some other european country at the time he wouldnt come into the equation

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

Well at the minute he isn't on loan, he's a Liverpool player. What is so hard to get here?!

Good grief man. Its the summer. no one is going to contribute to his wages to sit on the beach. Of course he's a liverpool player. do you count karius as an option in goal?

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Good grief man. Its the summer. no one is going to contribute to his wages to sit on the beach. Of course he's a liverpool player. do you count karius as an option in goal?

No, I haven't read a report that states that if Liverpool can't find a buyer for Karius he'll be retained and not loaned out, as I have with Grujic. 

So you think that Grujic who has never ever been given a league start by Klopp in over 4 years and who has been loaned out every year he has been here is an option for next season in midfield? Ok.

Of course we are not publicly talking about being prepared to loan him out again. We are trying to get someone to buy him.

Just now, Conrad said:

So you think that Grujic who has never ever been given a league start by Klopp in over 4 years and who has been loaned out every year he has been here is an option for next season in midfield? Ok.

Of course we are not publicly talking about being prepared to loan him out again. We are trying to get someone to buy him.

No, I think he's a midfielder who plays for Liverpool. No more, no less. 

56 minutes ago, Sion said:

Thiago would be easily better than Milner, Ox and Keïta though wouldn't he. 

So if he wants to come and the manager wants him, and he's cheapish, then surely you get him regardless of how many CMs you have. 

Yep. 

I’d be surprised if shaq wilson grujic are still here when window closes. We have a few others in early 20’s - I reckon they’re likely to move on this summer too. With tightened purse strings, I’m thinking clubs may take a gamble on a Liverpool kid. 

Lallana Clyne lovren already gone, replaced by jones, Elliott, the Greek and neco. 

I think origi potentially goes and Gini at risk if contract not signed. In this scenario l reckon Thiago does come in. Not sure we replace Origi though.

1 minute ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Not been on the books of an english club long enough. 

Ah

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Because he's Scottish?

Thought Eng, Scot, Wales, NI all counted as one

I think the issue is that you need two of Gini, Hendo and Fabinho starting pretty much every game from the current crop. Maybe Milner can take one of those 2 slots but feels we lose something, like him as the late sub to help close off the game.

Which would leave Naby, Ox and Jones fighting for one starting slot

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

Indeed. If we have 6 midfielders out injured, I'm sure he'd just be completely ignored and wouldn't be involved. 

Casually drops the " if we have 6 midfielders out injured" line in. 

6 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Casually drops the " if we have 6 midfielders out injured" line in. 

Yeah. That's kind of how the 8th midfielder is likely to get games. 

It's as if having a midfielder on the books who's really unlikely to play signifies that we're pretty deep in the position or something.

Edited by Hightown Phil