Transfer Window Speculation

1 hour ago, Billy Talbot said:

I'm interested in this parachute thing. May your Dad's mate RIP.

Was it a leisure jump? Was it his first jump? Who packed his parachute?

It was his last.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Sarr, Thiago, the backup left back and a lad in a similar bracket for centre back (that Ben White is surely gonna be too expensive) would be a super summer. 

Wonder if it's one or the other for the two main lads, though. 

I don't think we're getting Thiago...esp if Gini renews.

On 11/08/2020 at 15:03, Leo No.8 said:

‘Bang Average’ just screams Harry Redknapp.

I think the law states you can only use that phrase if you are talking with your elbow sticking out of a car window.

I love it when Welsh people say "bang tidy"

22 hours ago, growler said:

thoughts on Origi? 

Origi seems like a really nice lad, scored some of my favourite goals of the last decade. I'd be sad to see him go generally.

I think he'd score quite a few goals if he played regularly but he won't add much else and so compared to our other forwards the latter bit really is  noticeable.

What are your thoughts on him?

11 minutes ago, Buttles said:

Unsurprisingly City are supposed to be interested in Thiago.

BILD also saying we’ll pay the €27m for him

Thiago and Guardiola have been in each others pockets for years - if both wanted it, the deal would be done before it hit the media I expect. On that basis alone, I'd be comfortable to rule it out.

Thiago looks class but isn’t he getting in the way of Keita? I still have high hopes for Naby even if he’s not quite got there yet. To me CM is where we have most depth already. 

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Buttles said:

Unsurprisingly City are supposed to be interested in Thiago.

BILD also saying we’ll pay the €27m for him

SportBild. Tabloid I think.

2 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

Thiago looks class but isn’t he getting in the way of Keita? I still have high hopes for Naby even if he’s not quite got there yet. To me CM is where we have most depth already. 

I suppose there are degrees of confidence in the midfield.

Fabinho and Henderson, then at/slightly below is Wijnaldum, then a small drop to Keita, and I think Ox is behind Keita, then you have Milner who can come in and do jobs but probably isnt going to be a regular in the team. 

Thiago could come in and fit right into that top bracket and keep the competition right up. 

Given his quality and his age, where the quality of the squad is at, he could be a signing to drive on success for the next 1,2,3 years to help build something bordering on sustained success.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thiago is Alonso with skills isn't he?

Yeah I think so. Given how much we can pin a team back and how close to goal that our players often have the ball, he'd have plenty of opportunities to put his stamp on things in the final 3rd of the pitch. 

• Like 1

My take on this is that covid and afcon have reshaped thinking. In that context Thiago makes sense, even if we keep Gini. Keep the front three, supplement them with Minamino, utilise Ox, some games for brewster and Harvey.... But overload with strength in depth through the middle with Henderson and Thiago here for 2-3 years, Milner and Gini moving on next year, keita and fabinho stepping up along with Jones and then Trent moving in. Rotate the full backs 2.5:1 with the current lads and their deputies... We're gonna need a lot of legs in the middle who can also cover up front and at the back and also at full back... In short, definitely room for Thiago, Keita and Gini... 

It sounds like Thiago is injury prone, but I suppose we’ve already got Ox and Naby so we can just rotate the non injured one. And Milner is made from vibranium.

Edited by Leo No.8