• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Thought he looked really good last season but feels like he’s been injured most of this season (well this season is really last season but you know what I mean). 

Not sure where he’d fit in though. 

He plays mostly as an inverted wide forward, but I also think he could do the Firmino role. 

Yeah he got a really bad injury, only managed to play a few times this season because it was delayed.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sion said:

All the talk from the top journos seems to insinuate if we can sell Wilson Grujic Origi and Co then we'll look to get Sarr, White, Tsimikas, and maybe Thiago. 

Would be an underwhelming summer but at least it would strengthen a few positions. 

Thiago is the one. The rest are exactly what we need.

3 minutes ago, Case said:

Tallas Magno sounds like the third best villain in a contemporary Bond movie.

On that basis alone....

I keep picturing Telly Savalas.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Yeah, watched a bit of him and his height, build and ability to drift with the ball reminded me a bit of Alexander Hleb.

Runs like Mane with the ball.

54 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Too many syllables 

I'm trying here! What are you doing Earl?

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

I dunno. Foreign journalists tend to get the story before our lot with foreign transfers these days.

Yeah that's true tbh. I always dismiss Brazillian stuff out of hand though. There could be an entire league full of team's that can put out a full XI of 'New Neymars'. 

18 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

All of those are improvements and Thiago would be a really exciting signing 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I'd take that. 

Klopp is insanely good in the market. I'm happy to assume the lads I've never seen play are great.

For info on budgets and cash etc - the financial statements for year ended 31/05/19 (day before CL win) states that future transfer fees may be payable for £22.1m and that since year end* £4.2m have crystallized. I'm taking that to mean that there is £22m of add ons but only £4m was linked to us winning the CL. The remainder could be linked to anything (PL finish, PL win, FA Cup, number of appearances by the player etc etc), but us winning the league does not look like there will be a huge outflow.

On the flip side, the max we could receive from players that we sold was £11.2m.

(*Accounts were signed off by the auditors on 8th September so I am taking that period to be 31/05/19 to 08/09/19)

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald
4 hours ago, Sion said:

All the talk from the top journos seems to insinuate if we can sell Wilson Grujic Origi and Co then we'll look to get Sarr, White, Tsimikas, and maybe Thiago. 

Would be an underwhelming summer but at least it would strengthen a few positions. 

Those four would be a good summer for me.

I really like Sarr. Bit rough, with loads of potential to grow and enough talent to make a difference in games. Perfect for our squaddie needs. White seems like he'll be a good 4th choice cb. Tsimikas looks enticing, despite being a leftback. Thiago would be one of those you can't wait to see play once he signs.

A brazilian wonderkid would be cherry on top, but I'd be happy enough with those four.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Some of the Thiago reports don't add up. Who at the club is telling Klopp he can't have him?

It's a matter of timing, I reckon.

Thiago is still playing for the CL with his club.

Gini still hasn't made a decision on his future.

I think we're into Thiago if Gini leaves

But we want Gini to stay so aren't coming out and admitting it

And Thiago has a CL to win 

So we want him to stay, but are planning for if he leaves, but aren't sure if he will. And Bayern want Thiago to stay, but assume he won't 

I think they did this on an episode of Frasier once 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

BvB saying Sancho isn't going anywhere.

Could just be a bluff but if he stays I'm starting the rumour now he'll replace one of our lads next summer.

Dortmund saying he secretly extended his contract last year and now has 3 years left, not 2 like everyone has been saying. Very weird if true as nobody 'itk' even suggested he had more than 2 years left. 

But it means United are basically going to have to pay full whack if they want him.