By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

59 minutes ago, Sion said:

From what I've just read on their forums Leeds fans like him but don't think he's 30m+ good. 

I do worry he could just be another Lewis Dunk/Michael Keane character who gets over rated because of his nationality. 

I don't know what Leeds forums you're reading but my Dad is a STH at Leeds and has been raving about White all season. Says he's the best young centreback he's seen since Ferdinand.

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

So let's make like a Lotto lout and spend spend spend!

The figures last year when City won it was £151m for them and £153m for us - we got more PL money for finishing 2nd as we had more live TV games. I don’t think there is any added “bonus” money apart from the merit payment which is an extra £1.7m for every place higher in the table.......does Joyce give anything extra. The headline makes it appear we’re getting something significantly more than normal. 

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

It’s to do with the rebates owed to broadcasters innit. They are owed money due to the remaining games being BCD and not the full product, or whatever way they phrased it.

The clubs are spreading what’s owed over the next few years rather than it being taken from last years lump sum. So we are getting the full whack, which is a record for the winners. 

I think Hertha have found an alternative to Grujic  to that probably removes them from the equation. Reckon we might end up keeping both, think some of the numbers are a bit fanciful. Can’t really see who’s going to see either player as a necessity to be willing to pay the money we’d want.

23 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It’s to do with the rebates owed to broadcasters innit. They are owed money due to the remaining games being BCD and not the full product, or whatever way they phrased it.

The clubs are spreading what’s owed over the next few years rather than it being taken from last years lump sum. So we are getting the full whack, which is a record for the winners. 

Also aparently the money from overseas sales is now split based on position rather than equally so thats why it's a record amount

10 minutes ago, growler said:

Wilson will go for 20ish - grujic for 12-15mil plus add-ons. 

thoughts on Origi? 

Where do you think Wilson is going for that money? I think someone would have to feel they’re were greatly improving their side to take him for that and I can’t work out who could make an argument he would who would have that kind of money. 

10 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Where do you think Wilson is going for that money? I think someone would have to feel they’re were greatly improving their side to take him for that and I can’t work out who could make an argument he would who would have that kind of money. 

I don't particularly rate him, but you seem to consistently underrate just how attractive someone who can score regular goals is, particularly for a bottom half team.

He got 7 goals in like less than 25 starts last year. And 15 in 40 the year before that in the Championship for Derby. And 7 in 13 before that for Hull. 

He scores goals wherever he goes. 

Arsenal paid 72m for Pepe and he only got 5 goals. 

16 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Leeds. Or possibly Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, Sion said:

I don't particularly rate him, but you seem to consistently underrate just how attractive someone who can score regular goals is, particularly for a bottom half team.

He got 7 goals in like less than 25 starts last year. And 15 in 40 the year before that in the Championship for Derby. And 7 in 13 before that for Hull. 

He scores goals wherever he goes. 

Arsenal paid 72m for Pepe and he only got 5 goals. 

Maybe. Just struggle to see teams who are improving their strongest side by signing him, and then once you get past that you’re paying a lot for a squad player at a time when funds are limited and you’ll have a need to strengthen other areas. 

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

Leeds. Or possibly Newcastle. 

I don’t think he’s starting for either side. I’ve got maybe West Brom.