• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Massive pressure on the lad then for the coming season. 

We need Coutinho standards now as well as being able to protect Jones and give him opportunities without massive expectation on his shoulders.. Same with Harvey and Neco

Nobody is putting pressure on Jones to be as good as Coutinho next season.

Edited by Dan
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Exactly. We just won the league with this squad and it's good enough to go at it again. There's the potential to ease young players in without harming the overall balance. If we put him in and he starts bossing it, great - if not there's time for him to improve

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Noone is saying Coutinho is the future though. 

Coutinho or a player of his level is needed for this coming season. So it's not a toss up between Coutinho or Jones. 

I agree Jones is the future and is with the right manager and group of players to get the absolute best out of him 

The team as it stands is very unlikely to go three seasons at the level they have done and its unfair to expect them to

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Koubilaly to City chat seems to be ramping up. 

So weird. They have the second best left sided centre back in football, they've just paid £40m for one. Why are they signing another one? 

1 minute ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Coutinho or a player of his level is needed for this coming season. So it's not a toss up between Coutinho or Jones. 

I agree Jones is the future and is with the right manager and group of players to get the absolute best out of him 

The team as it stands is very unlikely to go three seasons at the level they have done and its unfair to expect them to

Maybe I'm alone but I wouldn't be especially excited or considerably more positive about next season if we signed him. 

6 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

So weird. They have the second best left sided centre back in football, they've just paid £40m for one. Why are they signing another one? 

I don't understand how Koulibaly lines up alongside Laporte. Doesn't make sense.

8 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Hopefully we'll get Thiago and talk of Coutinho returning will be put to bed for good.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Maybe I'm alone but I wouldn't be especially excited or considerably more positive about next season if we signed him. 

Providing we are targeting a player of his ilk then I am all good if we don't get Coutinho. I just worry about our front three burning out or injury and no one of any quality to bring in the movement, assists or goals that they give us.. I appreciate getting a player that can provide that is tricky. But someone much better than Origi and Shaqiri would be lovely 

23 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Coutinho pushes Curtis down the pecking order, it's saying to him you aren't ready, we think getting this lad who f***ed us over back in on huge money is what we need right now.

It's all moot any road as he isnt coming back thankfully.

Liverpool have submitted a bid of £10 million for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis, reports James Pearce.

The Athletic can reveal that the Premier League champions have also offered to give Norwich a substantial sell-on clause for the Northern Ireland international.

Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of Lewis and is keen to make the 22-year-old his first signing of the summer transfer window. He would arrive as cover for established left-back Andy Robertson. Liverpool are awaiting a response from Norwich, who had been seeking around £20 million for the talented young full-back.

Lewis, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2023, has also attracted interest from Crystal Palace but Liverpool are the first club to table an offer.

The Athletic understands that the player has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is happy to accept that he would be back-up to Robertson initially. He wants to continue his development under the guidance of Klopp and is hoping that a compromise fee can be agreed between the clubs.

If Liverpool’s bid of £10 million is rejected it remains to be seen whether sporting director Michael Edwards will make an improved offer.

The club are understood to have a number of other left-back options under consideration if they can’t land Lewis at an acceptable price. One potential alternative is Olympiakos’ Greece international Kostas Tsimikas.

Signing a left-back is a priority for Klopp. Robertson has only missed four league games in total over the past two seasons and, with no natural deputy in the squad, giving him a breather when he’s been carrying knocks has proved difficult.

James Milner has filled in admirably at left-back but, for all his defensive solidity, the 34-year-old midfielder can’t offer the same kind of attacking thrust.

The Athletic revealed on Wednesday that Liverpool valued Lewis at around £10 million and were prepared to pay £8 million up front, with a further £2 million to potentially follow in add-ons.

Just now, Stevie H said:

Dunno. Maybe Guardiola is just f***ing rubbish at signing defenders. No matter how much dodgy money he has.

let us not discount this as a possibility

2 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Dunno. Maybe Guardiola is just f***ing rubbish at signing defenders. No matter how much dodgy money he has.

It must be this given his record and the fact they have the ability to sign almost any right sided centre half in the world

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

There are a few threads on Twitter about this and some of the City fans logic in the name of defending Pep's record is.... f***ing insane

Any links? I could do with a laugh