Transfer Window Speculation

3 minutes ago, Case said:

On Lewis. Goosed Robbo is poorer Robbo. And he has been a few times in the last few years. If this lad can make 15/18 starts across all competitions, and does well, then for £10m, it’s a good purchase.

That’s like a third of the season. 

• Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swipe

• Hightown Phil

• Hassony

• Earl Hafler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mmmmm

He's coming to LFC so it's Count Doku la

Just a little bit.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

That’s like a third of the season. 

If he manages 15/18 starts I will be delighted as it will mean he is playing at a really high level, or that Robertson is injured which is not so good

Deep in all four competitions is about 60 games. Lewis could play a decent number of League games against dross like Fulham, Villa, Everton, then League Cup, FA Cup and dead European games.

Caveat: He needs to be good, like.

But if he is, and Robbo is fresh for good teams, then it ‘could’ be a Money-neutral purchase.

obvs it’s buts maybes aside.

7 minutes ago, Cunny said:

if he starts 10 and if it is 5 subs we can sub Robbo off after 65/70 in games we winning comfortably to save his legs

I’d be surprised if the person who gets a rest when we’re winning comfortably is the left back. We basically sub at least two midfielders pretty much every game for a start. And as I said earlier it’s hard to get a left back who offers nothing else on the bench in the first place. 

Let’s say we play Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino, Salah who are you leaving off the bench to fit him on? Keita? Ox? Milner? Jones? Shaqiri? Presuming Matip, Adrian and a striker (Origi) are guarantees. It’s a tough ask when the only purpose is to use if the game is tied up on 65 or he gets injured.

32 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I’d be surprised if the person who gets a rest when we’re winning comfortably is the left back. We basically sub at least two midfielders pretty much every game for a start. And as I said earlier it’s hard to get a left back who offers nothing else on the bench in the first place. 

Let’s say we play Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Firmino, Salah who are you leaving off the bench to fit him on? Keita? Ox? Milner? Jones? Shaqiri? Presuming Matip, Adrian and a striker (Origi) are guarantees. It’s a tough ask when the only purpose is to use if the game is tied up on 65 or he gets injured.

True. I have assumed naming 9 subs and you can use 5 of them.

If it is 7 and 3 then it is a definitive non-starter.

9 minutes ago, kop205 said:

How will they know how much we're bidding unless they pick up the phone?

Fax/Phone, it’s Norwich. They are getting one of those Amstrad email phones next season.

11 minutes ago, kop205 said:

How will they know how much we're bidding unless they pick up the phone?

Fax auto pick up

Edwards 1 - 0 Norwich bod

Edit: Damn you @RBM

Edited by Hus

Matt Law saying Coutinho on loan to Arsenal for a year. Only costing them 10m for fee and wages.

Can't think of a genuine reason why we wouldn't want a piece of that 

21 hours ago, Sion said:

15 years ago he probably could have done a Riise and covered LB and LM but there's literally nowhere else for a pure left back to play in the modern game is there? 

Tell that to Sessegnon.

(Just for HP that one! :D)

20 minutes ago, Sion said:

Matt Law saying Coutinho on loan to Arsenal for a year. Only costing them 10m for fee and wages.

Can't think of a genuine reason why we wouldn't want a piece of that 

That'll be annoying

4 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

If that was the case I wouldn’t want to do that, I’d rather enjoy another few years of our brilliant front three as they are, especially as they all seem happy to stay. Sancho looks a big talent but there is no guarantee he becomes as good as either of the above.

I wouldn’t swap either of them for anyone.

4 hours ago, Bogman said:

In a nutshell.

Don’t just accept the paradigm

9 minutes ago, Bogman said:

That'll be annoying

I would definitely have him but I think we just need to accept that Klopp doesn't want him back. Maybe making a point that if you force your way out, you've made your own bed if it goes wrong.