By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

2 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I think unless one of our midfielders leave (gini/Milner) then there isn’t room for Thiago numbers wise...

henderson Fabinho gini

oxlade Milner keita

jones 

There’s room because we’ve wound down Milner role over the last year. Even if Gino stays we can use a top class playmaker

4 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

There’s room because we’ve wound down Milner role over the last year. Even if Gino stays we can use a top class playmaker

Yep, and also at a very reasonable price. We haven't got a Thiago type player in the squad.

Edited by Bogman

I’m not so sure. Can’t see the money, especially the wages, being spent on Thiago when we’re well stocked there and gini supposedly signing a new deal. Given his age and injury history it with be a real change in approach and would minimise the faith shown in keita of late, Jones playing time, which he needs now, amongst others. Don’t get me wrong he’s class and certainly something we lack but I don’t think Klopp (or maybe fsg) go for it unless we lose one from midfield. 

9 hours ago, Alonso said:

I think unless one of our midfielders leave (gini/Milner) then there isn’t room for Thiago numbers wise...

henderson Fabinho gini

oxlade Milner keita

jones 

Apart from Keita, that is a very workmanlike group and probably missing that touch of class.

A fit Keita and a back to form Ox changes everything, but so would a night with Megan Fox.

Edited by The_Adder

Couple of stories about needing to sell to buy.

frustrating. They’ve said wages is bigger concern and with lallana lovren and Clyne off the wage bill, that should free up space. 

wilson, grujic and others in the exit lounge too.

I know it’s still early, etc etc and nothing new but would be nice for klopp to get something. 

28 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

If they're all on £100k a week which feels high, that's about £15m a year, which is like 4% of last year's wage bill. Hardly gonna change too much. 

Where does this FSG model go? Is it just dependent on having a genius like Klopp in charge? Doesn’t feel like there is much legacy and generational strength.

6 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Where does this FSG model go? Is it just dependent on having a genius like Klopp in charge? Doesn’t feel like there is much legacy and generational strength.

Depends on maximising your revenues isn't it? Not especially easy when £50m-£60m of what is usually you most guaranteed revenue stream just doesn't turn up with no real indication of when or maybe even if it will turn up. 

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Depends on maximising your revenues isn't it? Not especially easy when £50m-£60m of what is usually you most guaranteed revenue stream just doesn't turn up with no real indication of when or maybe even if it will turn up. 

Yeah... I kinda don’t want to make today’s issue, and it is very much an issue, the issue that has loomed over us since their entry.

• Like 1

Just now, Conrad said:

self sufficent for the owners. do they make a profit? do they pay themsleves vast salaries?

perhaps they could borrow a bit and fund some players

They'll earn their money when they sell the club. You know this. If the club doesn't swell in value, they make less money. The more successful we are, the more the club is worth. It's simple stuff. 

• Like 1

It’s not sustainable not to buy players. There is only so long that can go on, what happens when  this crop hit their 30’s where are the next players coming from? It’s back to a major rebuild and years in the wilderness again. I get the sustainability of the club has to be there, but part of that is replacing players on a continuous basis. 

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

we couldnt have been much more successful over the past 3 years and yet we don't appear to have a bean to buy anyone

Suppose it depends whether or not you think we'd have spent money this summer or not. I'm fairly comfortable in that we would have done but the wider environment has massively hindered that. 

9 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Suppose it depends whether or not you think we'd have spent money this summer or not. I'm fairly comfortable in that we would have done but the wider environment has massively hindered that. 

Without selling?

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

I can’t help but feel like that. 

they will be happy being like Arsenal when Arsenal consistently made champs league while not spending a bean. Which will be the best we can hope for when Klopp leaves.