sammy & a

Transfer Window Speculation

10 minutes ago, Maldini said:

He's a slightly better John Stones I think. Great on the ball but defensively suspect. Playing beside Laporte might improve him but it didn't improve the others.

I thought he was talking about Torres 

Ake is a typical City defensive signing

3 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

Any further details you can share?

Just passing some info from some Twitter ITKs/spoofers 

Newcastle was mentioned, as were some NFL franchise, but he's not interested for the time bring 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Never heard of him, was he really worth 80m?

Also aren't valancia broke ?

There have been plenty of other clubs interested in him apparently, including us.

Valencia being broke or not, that’s a ridiculously low price even in a buyer’s market. 

13 minutes ago, Kid Klopp said:

with the transfer ban, sales and a bit of timing, they can probably balance the FFP books for that period despite their outlay this season .

If the season all goes ahead as normal maybe but that's a big risk to take. They still spent money last year as well, they got Pulisic before the ban started and completed Kovacic's move for 40m. I think they more or less broke even with Hazards giant fee coming in 

10 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

I thought he was talking about Torres 

Ake is a typical City defensive signing

Couldn’t pick Torres out of a line up and have no opinion whatsoever. Ake must be brilliant every time i don’t watch Bournemouth. 

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Couldn’t pick Torres out of a line up and have no opinion whatsoever. Ake must be brilliant every time i don’t watch Bournemouth. 

He's a Dutch Mings 

Never saw what the fuss was about him

10 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

Will be interesting see if Ake is the last defender signed by City this summer.

They haven't swapped their right back for another right back plus 25m yet. 

11 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

Will be interesting see if Ake is the last defender signed by City this summer.

Not a chance they go into a new season with Stones, Otamendi or Garcia as their first choice for right sided centre half. I’d expect to see Stones and Otamendi leave. 

Ake is a good squad option. 

2 hours ago, Kid Klopp said:

Ake will improve City's central defence without being near the class of Laporte. Good for us that they went that way, I guess.

He'd be a good squad option for any top club, but I don't reckon that's what they want him for.

I presumed they'd just get Koulibaly too, but read there that they've a real strained relationship with Napoli since the Jorginho thing, and they've struggle to get anywhere with Koulibaly and that's why the went for Ake.

Ake fine for 2nd or 3rd choice. Looks like they'll still be hoping Laporte isn't injury prone.

Edited by Swipe

Yeah, if Ake is willing to sit on the bench and money is no object then he's a decent squad option. Covers a variety of positions. 

I don't see where he fits into a best XI for a club vying for honours though. 

2 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

As well as Koulibaly they’ve also been linked with Inter Milan’s Skriniar, Diego Costa from Sevilla and Lille’s Gabriel Magalhaes. 

They also want a left back.

Feels like they're going to make sure they get Chilwell.

4 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

It’s been briefed that Chilwell wants to go to Chelsea. It’s also been suggested City balked at Leicester’s £75m price tag. 

Haha, I bet they did

18 minutes ago, jimmylibel said:

It’s been briefed that Chilwell wants to go to Chelsea. It’s also been suggested City balked at Leicester’s £75m price tag. 

Every club should now quote City £100m for whatever player they enquire about. FFP yourselves silly, lads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1