By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

11 hours ago, Tosh said:

Virg is half way back to the half way line... What are the Ev plyers appealing for?... why does Ally run all that way to knock the ball 5 yards out out of TAAs way?

So much to love in that video, but my personal favourite is 2 minutes in when Albie Moreno is explaining to Mo what happened and they both piss themselves with laughter.

21 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

So much to love in that video, but my personal favourite is 2 minutes in when Albie Moreno is explaining to Mo what happened and they both piss themselves with laughter.

Im still stunned that Jurgs wasn't "current climated" and sent off for invading the pitch 

14 hours ago, kop205 said:

There is a dynamite interview with him in the Echo where he 'lifts the lid' on his 'feud' with Van Dijk, which has so far included asking him 'Who do you think you are?' in a language Virgil doesn't speak, apparently dribbling past him when he was part of the first Everton team for over 30 years to concede 5 in the derby and not quite wasting enough time to stop Virgil from setting up the single funniest moment in derby if not football history.

It's going well, lad.

He sounds perfect for them

19 minutes ago, honourablegeorge said:

Paying 30M and presumably big wages for Thiago would be strange, given how conservative we were around Werner

I dunno, I think with Werner in the current climate £50m to not improve your eleven is a reach, but Thiago turns up and he’s our best midfielder. 

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I dunno, I think with Werner in the current climate £50m to not improve your eleven is a reach, but Thiago turns up and he’s our best midfielder. 

Yep. As we've said, he also frees up Fabinho to play CB either for numbers or if we want to go really aggressive at home. Also mitigates us losing Gini if he doesn't re-sign. So solves a number of problems. 

49 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Bild saying Bayern will take 30m euros for Thiago.

Surely that seals the deal for us.

If he hasn't moved by September we'd be mugs to pay that. He'd be free to negotiate a free transfer 3 months later. 

36 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah I don't see the link between the players. I think if it's true it's more likely just a case of a player Klopp loves becoming available. 

I am going to dedicate the rest of time (or at least the next 20 mins) to convincing you that we’re not signing this boy.

We basically completed the game last season so there’s not a lot else left to do so this will have to do as a proxy battleground for how we see the club.

Unless...

Hey guys, what do we think the real scoop over the Xabi sale was?

46 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

Yep. As we've said, he also frees up Fabinho to play CB either for numbers or if we want to go really aggressive at home. Also mitigates us losing Gini if he doesn't re-sign. So solves a number of problems. 

I get the Fab to CB shout, he's done well there in the past. I'm not sure Thiago ever plays as a sole defensive midfielder though, normally in a two I think. So the moving Fab back move would lead to a formation change potentially.

Edited by mofus77

19 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

I get the Fab to CB shout, he's done well there in the past. I'm not sure Thiago ever plays as a sole defensive midfielder though, normally in a two I think. So the moving Fab back move would lead to a formation change potentially.

Yeah maybe. Sure he’d be fine with fab stepping out and Hendo or Gini in there. If there’s a thing our midfield are really good at, it’s winning the ball back. 

47 minutes ago, Sion said:

If he hasn't moved by September we'd be mugs to pay that. He'd be free to negotiate a free transfer 3 months later. 

I dunno. If he’s removing the need to buy another CB and allows us cover Gini leaving I think it makes sense. A year later... maybe not. 

53 minutes ago, Sion said:

He's 29 and Bayern have said there is no way they will lose him on a free. I doubt he is waiting a year for us or us for him.

Just now, kop205 said:

He's 29 and Bayern have said there is no way they will lose him on a free

Not really their choice to make is it? I think he leaves this summer but there's not much they can do if he wants to wind his contract down.

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Not really their choice to make is it? I think he leaves this summer but there's not much they can do if he wants to wind his contract down.

No, but I doubt we'll be his only option and I imagine he wants to play so I reckon he leaves them one way or another this summer.

Annoys me more if its true that he would rather come to us than them but not going to pursue it. 

Obviously I think majority of players would rather come to us than United currently so it's no surprise.... Well until the wage offer is on the table and then it's advantage United 

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

I am going to dedicate the rest of time (or at least the next 20 mins) to convincing you that we’re not signing this boy.

We basically completed the game last season so there’s not a lot else left to do so this will have to do as a proxy battleground for how we see the club.

Unless...

Hey guys, what do we think the real scoop over the Xabi sale was?

I’m going to enjoy destroying your reputation on here when we sign him. Enjoy your forum points because I’ll be talking them all very soon. 

• Haha 3