By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

12 minutes ago, darucs112 said:

No he doesn't count as home-grown. He would have needed to have been with us for  a full 3 years before turning the age of 21 to count as home-grown. It's also the reason Robertson isn't counted as home-grown as he joined Hull from Scotland when he was 20 years of age. Had he been registered with them for a full 3 years before he turned 21, he would have been counted as home-grown. 

Below is a list of our non-home-grown players bear in mind the maximum a club is allowed to register is 17. And remember you can only register a maximum of 25 players (including home-grown players) in the premier league.

GK (3)
Alisson
Karius
Adrian

D (5)
Robertson
Van Dijk
Matip
Konate
Tsimikas

M (3)
Fabinho
Thiago
Keita

F (7)
Salah
Firmino
Mane
Jota
Shaqiri
Origi
Minamino

That's a total of 18 non home-grown players if you include Karius but let's be honest there isn't a situation where he will be registered so let's just say we have 17 non home-grown players. When Shaqiri leaves it'll be down to 16 which then creates space for us to sign a player from abroad.

Below are the list of home-grown players we currently have 

Caoimhin Kelleher
Joe Gomez
Nat Phillips
Ben Davies
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Jordan Henderson
James Milner
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

8 home-grown players in total. I haven't included the likes of Nico William's, Rhys Williams, Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones as they're under the age of 21 and don't need to be registered.

Thanks for breaking it down, what I mean is if we sign say camavinga and doku who are both u21 it doesn’t matter if they’re homegrown or not as they’re discounted as they’re u21 years of age. It would only be once they’re over 21 that they’d be counted as an overseas player. But at what point do you count as over 21 as there are strange dates associated to the timings of such things. 

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

You've listed 8, so if we maintain 17 non homegrown, we'd hit the 25 man squad through the 8 homegrown players?

Exactly so if things stay as they are right now i.e. Shaqiri stays and we didn't sell another player or sign anyone else we could still register all of our 8 home-grown players plus the 17 non-homegrown players. Like I said I'm not including Karius because he isn't getting registered regardless. 

Just now, darucs112 said:

Exactly so if things stay as they are right now i.e. Shaqiri stays and we didn't sell another player or sign anyone else we could still register all of our 8 home-grown players plus the 17 non-homegrown players. Like I said I'm not including Karius because he isn't getting registered regardless. 

Yeah I know. What I'm saying is we're basically one in, one out regardless of nationality at the minute even if we forget Karius exists. 

So as an example, if we'd signed Ben Foster instead of Adrian, we'd still need to move a player on to sign someone anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Sion said:

I'd be amazed if Minamino doesn't go somewhere. Probably on loan as nobody will buy him based on the last 18 months. 

And Origi shouldn't even be registered if we're planning on signing another forward. 

It shouldn't really be an issue. 

This 100%. It is a minor hurdle that can be easily overcome by off loading a coupel of fringe players.

The bigger issue is 'the we don't really wanna spend any cash' hurdle. 

3 minutes ago, crouchinho said:

Im insecure enough to get annoyed by United signing Sancho and Varane. I need something big now! 

Its galling that those we are competing with basically spend whatever they want. Klopp can't work miracles forever and when he leaves, the next manager will have their work cut out to keep us challenging.

Anfield Watch

@AnfieldWatch

NEW: Liverpool's stance regarding squad strengthening this summer is that they are unlikely to be particularly active, given their current playing staff and what they consider to be a lack of availability in the market. #awlive [sky]

11 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Anfield Watch

@AnfieldWatch

NEW: Liverpool's stance regarding squad strengthening this summer is that they are unlikely to be particularly active, given their current playing staff and what they consider to be a lack of availability in the market. #awlive [sky]

It's amazing how no one is available when you won't spend any money.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Anfield Watch

@AnfieldWatch

Tik follows tok

There’s rumours of Phillips being close to the door as well. We have to be bringing in quality bodies but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was to facilitate all the pay rises either.

13 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Anfield Watch

@AnfieldWatch

Sky innit? Got their hands full deep in the Red Manc pie.

Thing is the people we’re  selling have played little to no part over the last couple of seasons so won’t be missed at all. Shaq minutes can be covered by Elliot, Phillips by konate plus the other cbs coming back to fitness. Wilson awoniyi grujic millar grabara haven’t played a minute for us. Origi will probably end up staying so have numbers if not quality for attack. Midfield is an interesting one but Fabinho hopefully won’t be needed at the back and Thiago hopefully won’t be injured for 4 months with Jones ox and Keita contributing more too. Maybe that’s where the thinking is. 

8 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I don't think we're gonna make any big sexy signings to satisfy Liverpool Twitter, but I can't believe we aren't selling these lads to then not bringing anyone in.

It is not a sexy signing we need but it is definitely someone to replace Gini and compete / complement with Hendo and Fab. That type of midfielder is the biggest gap in our squad now and needs to be filled. Saul would be perfect fit I  guess. 

If 1 of  Hendo and Fab are injured I'd be  nervous starting a big game with any two of Thiago, Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner

1 minute ago, mick said:

It is not a sexy signing we need but it is definitely someone to replace Gini and compete / complement with Hendo and Fab. That type of midfielder is the biggest gap in our squad now and needs to be filled. Saul would be perfect fit I  guess. 

If 1 of  Hendo and Fab are injured I'd be  nervous starting a big game with any two of Thiago, Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner

I know. I was just referring to the lunatics on social media crying about Sancho still.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boca said:

Malen to Dortmund done according to Fabrizio Romano 

Romano is brilliant. I've been following him on Twitter for about 4 months and have never seen him show any inside info. He just points out news, says here we go and has a mass following. Including me obvs

7 minutes ago, McBain said:

Romano is brilliant. I've been following him on Twitter for about 4 months and have never seen him show any inside info. He just points out news, says here we go and has a mass following. Including me obvs

Yeah been watching him this summer and every single time he 'breaks' something, there will have been a tweet from another journo minutes before. 

Some racket.

Wonder whether we are are selling to pay for Konate and improved contracts. Amazing how every window is a difficult one, amazing other clubs manage to sign anyone with how hard it is 

12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Wonder whether we are are selling to pay for Konate and improved contracts. Amazing how every window is a difficult one, amazing other clubs manage to sign anyone with how hard it is 

Depends within what parameters you're trying to operate surely? If you've taken a loan out or you're happy to take on a load of debt, or you're using the money of a sovereign wealth fund or an Oligarch, it's going to be different to if you're a self sufficient football club who isn't doing any of these things. 

This is also without even considering that it's pretty difficult to buy players to improve a squad like ours, which is very good. 

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Depends within what parameters you're trying to operate surely? If you've taken a loan out or you're happy to take on a load of debt, or you're using the money of a sovereign wealth fund or an Oligarch, it's going to be different to if you're a self sufficient football club who isn't doing any of these things. 

This is also without even considering that it's pretty difficult to buy players to improve a squad like ours, which is very good. 

How are Man Utd affording 140m on Sancho and Varane? 

7 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Do you think we can reasonably be expected to compete for the title given the way in which we operate compared to our rivals?

1 minute ago, psl said:

Do you think we can reasonably be expected to compete for the title given the way in which we operate compared to our rivals?

FSG are relying on Jurgen and the lads to perform miracles and break themselves once again 

Utter tight pricks that they are. 

• Like 3