By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome (2018) Naby Keita

Falconhoof

So he wasn't really injured. As someone pointed out earlier, he's got previous for this.

As someone else pointed out, he doesn't fancy it.

Did he ask to come off? The way I read it is they saw him limping and took him off just in case.

Haha yes. That was great that. He next played for Liverpool in November or something.

lol I remember lots of fume on TLW at the time for him coming off. "If I had a broken leg I still wouldn't come off"

Lot of use you would be to the team then

So he wasn't really injured. As someone pointed out earlier, he's got previous for this.

As someone else pointed out, he doesn't fancy it.

Klopp’s wording translated to me as ‘I saw him limping so took the chance to take him off (as he was awful)’. He was deliberately vague about the injury I thought.

Seemed like the limping was a convenient excuse for crooking him without there being a fuss about it. And he really, really deserved it - it was smart management.

I still go back to last year and think how many extra points a £55 million attacking midfielder would have added to the tally.

He's the worst midfielder in the squad. Hopefully someone in Germany will give us half what we paid.

Flipside is said player could have lost us some solidity and points.

• 1 month later...

He certainly wasnt excellent today NYR, we played a team who did their best to do nothing and Keita seemed to join them. He was poor in the tackle, didnt seem to know where to go and give the ball away to players who didnt look like they wanted it.

He improved after his goal for a while, but he was the weakest link out there. I would like to say differently but he's not there yet

Edited by jimbolala

He certainly wasnt excellent today NYR, we played a team who did their best to do nothing and Keita seemed to join them. He was poor in the tackle, didnt seem to know where to go and give the ball away to players who didnt look like they wanted it.

He improved after his goal for a while, but he was the weakest link out there. I would like to say differently but he's not there yet

This is nonsense fwiw. Scores and assists = weakest link. Silly. But you had it out for him early on in the game so no surprise that you would stick with that.

The were still signs of his weakness in duels and defensive work, but he did well on the ball and had a spell of very high quality that brought some of what we miss from midfield.