By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

This season's footy 2017-18

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did that on a tour of Australia once. Played out a couple of 2-1s or 1-0s or something and then got put in a terrible hotel in Adelaide or somewhere and complained. Cue local newspaper headlines about "Whingeing poms!" etc. And they won the next match 15-0 or something like that.

It is no exaggeration to say that a well organised U16 club team would’ve put up a better effort than that lot. The goalkeeper literally turned his back & backed away from the Everton player running through for one goal.

It is no exaggeration to say that a well organised U16 club team would’ve put up a better effort than that lot. The goalkeeper literally turned his back & backed away from the Everton player running through for one goal.

Ha, he really did as well. Goal 20 - just turns his back and lets him score. Preceding that was one of their players lobbing it into their own net from 25 yards out.

Jesus. What a waste of time for everyone concerned.

72, 243 people at an MLS game today between Atlanta and Seattle. Biggest ever crowd for a regular season game.

The game is getting more and more popular.

I think it was said first by Pele (and I’m paraphrasing here) -but it remains true now and will in the future -

. If America ever sort themselves out and embrace football (soccer) properly then they’ll win the World Cup and probably multiple times

However while they remain locked in to their parochial national pastimes the rest of the World is safe

I think it was said first by Pele (and I’m paraphrasing here) -but it remains true now and will in the future -

. If America ever sort themselves out and embrace football (soccer) properly then they’ll win the World Cup and probably multiple times

However while they remain locked in to their parochial national pastimes the rest of the World is safe

Pele also said an African team will win the world cup before the year 2000

He talks a lot of s***e

Villa set to sack Fat Head Bruce - who took them from the pits of the division to the playoff final and if he'd been appointed sooner, probably auto promotion - and replace him with Thierry "no managerial experience" Henry...

It may go well but it might not

Bruce also had to deal with illness and the death of his father last year

Villa set to sack Fat Head Bruce - who took them from the pits of the division to the playoff final and if he'd been appointed sooner, probably auto promotion - and replace him with Thierry "no managerial experience" Henry...

It may go well but it might not

All well and good if the idea is that young talent wants to play for the ‘name’ manager. But you’ve got to back it with £££MMs and tbh - if you have the same £££MMs to Bruce he’s probably more likely to get you back in the PL.

I honestly think if the Mancs had given Bruce the job after Ferguson he'd have made a better fist of it than Moyes or LVG

All well and good if the idea is that young talent wants to play for the ‘name’ manager. But you’ve got to back it with £££MMs and tbh - if you have the same £££MMs to Bruce he’s probably more likely to get you back in the PL.

I honestly think if the Mancs had given Bruce the job after Ferguson he'd have made a better fist of it than Moyes or LVG

It just rings of one of those "well that was a right f*** up" decisions - like when Birmingham fired their manager a couple of seasons ago while 6th & going well to hire a 'name' who almost got them relegated